Chapter 28 - Secret Santa.

Clementine's POV: I had the day off today. I woke up and looked into the mirror on top of my locker. My eyes were puffy and my hair was a mess. I brushed my hair and tried my best to look down until I could get to the bathroom and shower to relieve the redness. 

After doing just that I went down to breakfast to find today was toast and bacon. Both were absolutely terrible. Nicky was sitting at the table today but I assume she made Lorna switch with her because today I was in between Renee and Lorna. Renee moved in closer and whispered, "How yah holdin' up?".

"I'm fine." I said.

Nicky laughed under her breath.

"Oh my god, can we please just
talk after breakfast?" I asked.

"Why? So you can tell me how much my addiction is inconvenient for you?" She asked.

"No, so I can apologize for being a narcissistic, self-absorbed, asshole." I said sharply.
Nicky sighed. "After breakfast." She said.

I smiled and went back to eating. Counting down the minutes until everything with Nicky and I could be okay again. I'm so done with fighting with her.

I bussed my tray and Nicky and I walked out of the cafeteria I pulled her off to the side so everyone couldn't hear us.

"Look, I was an ass. I shouldn't be talking about what may have hurt because I know you've got it a lot worse. Your situation is really shitty and I just can't imagine....anyway. You talked about when we got together that you couldn't promise you'd never mess up. I wanna say the same thing. Because I can't promise that. I will mess up again. But I don't wanna have these long drawn out fights anymore I just wanna start being honest and working things out. I wanna make this work with you, Nicky. I love you." I said.

She was silent for a minute. It looked like she was thinking. "Okay." She said.

"Okay?" I repeated.

"Okay. I forgive you. I wanna start talking our issues out too. I am sorry you had to see me that way. But I'm more sorry that I had to see me that way, honestly." She said. I nodded.

"I've gotta go. I promised Bentley I'd call her like two days ago but I forgot. She might be worried." I said.

"Bentley?" She asked.

"Oh my god I never told you. We were having a thing..." I said.

She looked at me curiously.

"I got a visitor. Like, one of my best friends from middle school we met online forever ago we'd only seen each other in person once prior to the visit." I said.

"How'd she know you were in here?" She asked.

"She called my mom. She was in town on business so I said I'd call her. I wrote her number down in my bunk." I said. She nodded.

"Well, go! You're running out of time." She said with a smile. I kissed her and grinned again from ear to ear.

"I love you." I said. "I love you too...go!" She chuckled. 

I walked off and got the number from my bunk before heading to the phones. An inmate from Litchfield is attempting to- "Hello?" I heard.

"Ben!" I exclaimed.

"Sarah, how ya holding up?" She asked.

"Well, as good as you can in prison. Get this, I've got a girlfriend." I said.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, uh my ex and I got back together." I said.

"Sarah, it's been a couple months." She remarked.

"Yeah I know but things move fast in prison. It's not the same as the outside where you don't speak to your boyfriend for weeks because he held some girls hand. You can't afford to hate people who are your friends." I said.

"Oh." She replied.

"Anyways. We're together again and everything is great. Except for the part where I'm stuck in this hellhole for a very long time." I said. She chuckled awkwardly.

"Sorry, how are you? Tell me everything." I said.

"I'm good. So is Bryan and my parents." She said. I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"That's good. That's really good, Bentley.....God, I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too, Sarah." She said.

"Hey, Christmas is soon. Wanna come visit me on Christmas Eve?" I asked.

"Yeah, totally." She said. "I'm lookin' forward to it." I replied.

"I am too. Alright, Sarah, I gotta go. I love you." She said.

"Love you too. I'll call you soon." I said.

"Bye!"
"Bye!" I replied.

I put the phone back on the wall and walked away smiling. It was good to have her back in my life, even better that I'd have a visitor on Christmas Eve. 

Lunch came quick enough, beef wellington and peas. Everything was good with Nicky and I and I was so thrilled. I sat in my usual spot and tried to catch up on the conversation that was already being held.

"No. No way. I don't have enough commissary money to get you all something. I say we do Secret Santa." Boo said.

"Yeah! Oh! I love 'Secret Santa'. It's all mysterious and you get to put so much time into that one gift for someone." Lorna said. I smiled.

"Secret Santa is fun. I'm in." I said.

"Okay then, everyone write your name down on this piece of paper and I'll put them in a cup." Boo said.

I wrote down my name and passed the paper around. I guess Boo had this idea planned otherwise why would she have all this stuff with her. Soon Boo had all our names in a cup and after shaking it she passed the cup around for each of us to randomly pick. I hope I'll get Nicky. The cup got to me and I picked out a name "Muccio". I stared curiously before remembering Lorna's new last name. Lorna. That's good. I love talking to her and I'm sure I can get her something she'll love. Maybe I can make her a lipgloss, or I can make her some curlers, or a wedding planner book. Something that shows I listen to her. 

A/N Hey guys! I hope you loved the chapter. What do you think Clementine should get Lorna for Christmas? How do you feel about Nicky and Clementine making up? Let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to vote as well! Bye!