Chapter 35 - Bachelorette Party.

Clementine's POV: I went to inform my wedding party that a bachelorette party was being held tonight. I walked up to Lorna and wondered if Nicky was planning her own. It didn't seem to be Nicky's style but I didn't want to assume. 

"Hey, Lorna." I called out. 

She turned around "Oh hey sweety. What's goin' on? Any complications with the wedding?" She asked. 

"No. No complications. It's tomorrow. So I'm having a small bachelorette party tonight. I'm gonna ask Red to make me some cake and I'm wondering if you'd want to come? I know you're not one of my bridesmaids but you are helping me with this whole thing. I'd love to have you." I explained. 

"Oh, you know I'll be there, Clementine. What time?" She asked. 

"Before dinner, after work." I said. She nodded. 

I had informed everyone. Poussey, Soso, and Boo. All of them were coming. I thought about asking Renee but I knew she'd say no. When did all of this get so screwed up? And even more so, why is she making it so easy to leave? 

I was almost done cleaning and I was so excited for my bachelorette party. I probably wasn't going to have another one on the outside. Renee was my only outside friend. The people here are my friends. I think I'm just going to watch some wedding-related movie with Quinn and have a couple glasses of wine with some ice cream. That sounded nice. I put the mop back inside the cart and pushed it into the closet. It's almost party time. First I needed to get ready. 

I walked into the dorms and saw that Lorna was doing just that. 

I walked into her bunk and asked, "Hey Lorna, can I borrow some of that bronzer I gave you?". 

"Oh, sure! Do you want some lipgloss, honey? This looks just your color." She said when she picked up the container she had hers stored in.

 "Yeah, sure. Thanks." I said.

 She smiled and put the lipgloss on my lips. I grabbed the bronzer and applied it to my cheeks and when I looked in her mirror I felt party ready. I had asked Red earlier if she would make me a cake and she agreed. She was very excited for me. If I heard her correctly as I walked out she promised me chocolate cake with a pink icing. I was definitely looking forward to that. I heard that on the outside Red was an amazing baker. 

I walked into the common room with Lorna and saw a bunch of people setting out some games, and Gina Murphy was showing Boo how to work the speaker. I looked to the left and saw Red bringing out the cake. I was right about the pink icing. I walked over and gave her a hug. 

"Thank you so much, Red." I said.

 "Aww, it was no problem." She said. 

"Not just that, for everything." I said. I began to tear up and she said, 

"Ah! Russians don't cry." She said.

"I'm not Russian." I remarked. 

"That explains a lot." She muttered. 

I chuckled under my breath and walked over to Boo and Gina. 

"Thank you so much for setting this up." I said sincerely. 

"No problem, Kid" Boo said. I smiled. 

"Alright, who's ready for some Bachelorette games?!" Brook Soso exclaimed.

 I walked over to her and she handed me a cup with Pepsi inside. 

"Pepsi?" I asked. 

Poussey walked over a whispered, "With a secret ingredient.".