Life as One Direction's Bodyguard

Start from the beginning

“I know for a fact that you should not cause any trouble for me, Miss Cambridge. I wonder what would happen to your father’s reputation if people found out that his daughter was found in a gang base.” John spat.

I knew he would try to use my father’s reputation against me. You see, my father is a high-powered, influential businessman. He is known well and admired by the public and I knew I couldn’t screw that up. But I knew that I couldn’t let the SKC get away with killing innocents. I knew my father would be mad, so I pushed past John and ran down the stairs.

I called my brother on my personalized cell phone.

“Yes, Darcy?” He asked.

“Drew, you need to come inside the warehouse now. I’m going to need backup,” I said.

“I’ll be there in a few seconds,” He hung up.

I smiled as I heard a door being kicked open and I heard a bunch of yelling. I knew my brother had arrived.

I ran to the front entrance where Drew entered and stood next to him. Gang members were running at us with knives and others were hiding their illegal drugs.

I rolled up my pants leg to get my gun, and then fixed them back.

A large, burly man grabbed my elbow and I quickly reversed the situation. My left arm grabbed his right which currently held my other arm. I twisted his arm around and quickly flipped him over. His arm popped out of the socket and he groaned in pain.

My brother Drew was fighting off three guys at once. I ran over there as I saw one of them knee Drew in the back of the legs, sending him to the ground. I whirled one of the guys around by his shirt and put my arm around the back of his neck, making his face go in contact with my knee. The man put his hands over his bloody, broken nose.

I didn’t have the time to react before my oxygen supply was cut off. My neck was being held in between two large arms. I analyzed them and saw that there was a tattoo on the right arm. It was an image of a skull with blood coming from the mouth and chains wrapped around it. My nails scratched down his arm and over the tattoo.

All of a sudden, the man that was choking me fell to the ground. I put my hands on my neck and breathed.

I looked over at my brother who had a gun in his hand.

“I didn’t hear a gunshot…” I said.

“I hit him in the head with the gun. I didn’t shoot him because that would draw too much attention,” Drew explained.

I nodded and it got very quiet. I realized that the members of Elevated must have ran and gotten away. A few members were on the floor, unconscious. I didn’t see John Jackson, so my brother and I ran out of the warehouse and hopped in his sleek silver Aston Martin. Drew floored the gas and we got home very quickly.

“Quick, go up to bed and act like nothing happened,” Drew whispered. I nodded and walked up to my room quickly. I jumped in my bed without even changing into my pajamas and I fell asleep.