Cheren x reader

I think this one becaise it is so sweet and plus it has kids who are really clever.

Nervousness made your hands shake as you approached the door of the Trainer School in Aspertia City, taught by Cheren (it also doubled as a gym, and he was the Normal type leader). You were good friends, at least that was what you thought, as the two of you have attended a few classes on how to teach.

Today would be your first test on managing a class. You were going to be the substitute teacher for most of the day, replacing Cheren, as he had some business to attend to.

Something in Lacunosa Town, or maybe Mistralton City... You shook your head. You were still new to the Unova region, so you weren't quite familiar with the landmarks. But, it didn't really matter now, as you opened the door.

As you stood in the doorway, there was a bunch of shuffling as fifty eager aspiring trainers turned to look- or rather, stare- at you. Cheren, who was describing the effects of status conditions, sensed the commotion and turned to face you.

"Ah, (Y/n)." He said, straightening his tie. "I assume you have the papers describing the lessons you will be teaching for the day?"

"Y-yes, I do." You squeaked nervously, your heart thudding in your chest. Every eyeball seemed to bore into your very soul until Cheren cleared his throat. There were more shuffling noises as everyone directed their attention back to Cheren.

"Now, class. I expect only the best behavior for (Y/n). If she leaves any names behind... You will be writing sentences. Am I clear?" He asked sternly.

"Yes, Mr. Cheren." The children chorused.

"Very good. (Y/n), if you could take over now?" He asked, beckoning you forward. Every eye was on you as you went up to the board where Cheren stood, your skirt swishing around. As he handed you the marker, his fingers brushed you hand and you blushed like crazy. He then bid you farewell and took his leave.

You cleared your throat. "Hello, I'm Miss (Y/n), if you didn't know already." You greeted. There were a couple of 'hi, Miss (Y/n)s' but it didn't make you any less nervous.

"W-well, would anyone like to tell the class about the effects of the burn status condition?" You asked. About ten or so hands shot up, effectively starting the day.

---

Turns out, subbing wasn't so bad. For the most part, the children were well-behaved and eager to learn. Of course, their were a few oddballs and class clowns that constantly kept the class giggling, but with your gentle and kind teaching, you made good progress.

Just as you finished explaining the methods of evolution, the dismissal bell rang. The children leapt out of their seats and ran for the door to play, while you finally had the opportunity to sit down and rest your voice.

"You did well for your first day." Cheren's voice remarked, making you jump from your seat.

"Oh? Y-yeah, thanks!" You stammered. "The children were good, and we had lots of fun!" You turned to get your purse, where you had packed a sandwich to eat earlier that morning. However, it wasn't there.

"Aw, really?" You groaned in frustration. Now that you thought of it, you remember making the sandwich, but you couldn't recall if you actually put it in your purse.

"Something wrong?" Cheren asked, looking up from a textbook with raised eyebrows.

"Ehehehe, well, you see, I left my lunch at home." You said sheepishly, scratching the back of your neck.

"I see. Would you like to go with me to a restaurant for food then?" He offered, making your heart leap into your stomach. You nodded quickly, hoping you didn't look too eager to eat with him.

"Alright. That's settled." He said, his lips formed into a small smile.

---

"I have to wonder, though. How do you remain so calm and collected while you teach? I was shaking almost the entire time." You said, taking a sip of water.

"I was nervous my first day as well, but once it became a daily thing, it was a natural process for me." He replied thoughtfully, his eyes gaining the faraway look that people get when they try to recall something from the past. You gazed into them, mesmerized at his deep blue eyes.

"You're staring at me, (Y/n)." He remarked, looking at you with a hint of amusement. You gave a jolt at that, embarrassed.

"Ehehehe, I just got lost, you know." You said hastily, trying to cover up your little blunder. However, there was no fooling Cheren, but he let it slide for now.

"I'd like to do this again. Maybe Saturday if you're free then?" He asked, nonchalant. Your eyes lit up in excitement, childishly but cutely.

"Sure! Yes, of course." You said perkily. Cheren chuckled a little at that.

"Very well. I look forward to seeing you then."

---

It was the following week after the Saturday meet-up. You walked over to your mailbox, only to find a large package. You opened it, curious. In it were approximately fifty little cards, from the children at the school. All of them had a relatively similar message:

You should date Mr. Cheren!

I think Mr. Cheren likes you!

You two would make a cute couple!

You blushed heavily at this. You didn't recall being quite obvious about your feelings... Were you? After all, most children are quite empathetic, as well as young or unevolved Pokémon. But there was one last card, larger than the rest, near the bottom. The handwriting was very neat and made your heart flutter a bit.

Dear (Y/n)

A teacher must be open-minded while teaching students. Perhaps there is no one universal way to solve a problem. The children I teach have seemingly infinite imaginations and some of the simplest yet effective answers to mind-boggling questions. So, I think it would be wise to listen to a child sometimes, depending on the situation.

Over the week, I listened to some of the suggestions given to me by them. For that, I ask you this: may I have you? The children do fancy the idea of having two teachers in their class.

Cheren

Did you like it I hope you did and I will update more.