Twelve

Mark looks at Elliot, his new son, with Jack.

"What are you guys looking at?" He asks, his voice being a little weak.

"Don't worry. We're just checking you out in your clothing. That's some cool clothes you wear." Jack says, and Piper nods. She is madly in love with Elliot, and they can see why. He's a very, very, good-looking guy. I bet if Mark didn't know Jack, he'd be all over this guy.

"My clothes are just the same as anyone else, thank you, sir." Elliot says, sitting on a stool. Mark looks at his scar. He's lucky Elliot survived that. He didn't only survive that, he was actually really well after he got taken care of, so they're all grateful.

"Please, don't call me sir." Mark says to Elliot, and he nods. "Just call me Mark. Same with Jack over here." Mark looks to Jack, kissing him.

Elliot stands back up. "I'm hungry, let's go somewhere for our first dinner together." He says, smiling. Piper agrees, holding Elliot's hand. "Sure! Where to?" Jack says. Elliot thinks. "We should go to a buffet. I love those." Elliot says. (Oh, me too, Elliot. Buffets are the best!!) "Okay, which shall it be, then?" Mark says. "Either Golden Corral or Pizza Hit with their buffets, I don't care." Elliot says, smiling bigger. "Well let's go to Golden Corral, since they have pizza there." Piper says, looking at him. Elliot smiles. "Okay! What my girl said." Elliot says, chuckling.

Piper hugs Elliot. "I love you too much, Mr. Beautiful." She says, smiling. "I love you too, Ms. Beautiful- I mean...You know what? Ms. Beautiful." Elliot says, almost second-thinking his answer. She chuckles.

Mark gets a call. Tyler.

"Hello, my good sir. How may I direct your call?" Mark says in a British accent.

"Hey, Mark. Planning on going anywhere for dinner tonight? I wanna-we wanna go with you guys." Tyler says, talking to Ethan in the background.

"Well, actually, yes, Tyler! We were! Meet us at Golden Corral. You're gonna be surprised who's here." Mark says, looking at Elliot, and he beams.

"Great! See you then!" Tyler says, then hangs up. Mark puts his phone away. "Off we go!" Mark says, walking to his door. They follow.

(*****)

Oh my god.

They abandoned me again!

I knew that Adam Levine guy hated me! He kicked me out of his house again! I'm so mad. I'm literally going to kill myself. I'm going to give myself one more chance for a good family, and if they abandon me, I'm killing myself. For real. I have a pocket knife.

I walk to town, seeing a Golden Corral to my right. I sigh as there's a bench right near it. I sit down in it. I start to cry. Why would people do this to me?  Why can't you humans just love me, Albert Shepard, as a child of your own?

I cry as hard as I can into it. People walk past me. I know it. I then feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay, little guy?"

(*****)

I walk with Piper, Mark and Jack to my favorite restaurant as I see a little boy crying on the bench. I like the to them.

I walk over to him, Mark and Jack, along with Piper, following me.

I extend my hand out to him on his shoulder. He looks up at me. He's crying.

"Are you okay, little guy?" I ask him. He scrunches up into a ball.

"Don't talk to me. I'll just be abandoned like I always have been." He says, tearing up again. Piper sits beside him and hugs him, as do I.