Chapter seventeen: Cursed For Eternity

Start from the beginning

"Stop! You don't have to do this!" I wailed at them from below but they still didn't hear me... I run until the doors to the tower are in front of me. The doors opened before me and I'm greeted by this piercing bright light-

"Katherine! Wake up!" Chloe yelled, shaking me viciously awake. This time, I was relieved that she woke me up, and that it was only just a dream. I'm not a morning person, so I usually would've smacked her with a pillow and then thanked her later on.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Time for you to move. Did you know you talk in your sleep?" She asked, jumping off of my bed to stare at herself in the mirror. I watched as she put on stylish dangly-like earrings.

"What was I saying?" I flusteredly asked, getting my uniform and necessities together. I looked back at her with my uniform neatly folded in my hands.

"'You don't have to do this'? What did you eat before bed?"

"The same thing you did," I sassily replied, opening the door to the bathroom. Stargaze slipped into the bathroom with me before I shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katherine." Elias greeted, walking along beside me.

"Elias." I greeted back. Our eyes locked for a moment but I averted mine, reminiscing about what Klaus told me.

It's almost like he's proud to be your Buddy, or just to talk to you even...

Noticing my familiar wasn't perched on my shoulder, he asked me, "Where's Stargaze?"

"Left him at my dorm," I explained with a sad smile. "He'd be happier there anyway. He gets anxiety around people so I thought it'd be best if he stayed."

"Oh. How did you sleep?"

"I had a nightmare, but otherwise, I'd say great." I replied with a yawn, covering my mouth just in time.

"A nightmare?"

"Yeah, you were in it-"

"Of course I was." Elias joked, I laughed and playfully pushed him.

Getting back on topic, I continued, "You were duelling Luca. And I couldn't do anything about it. Then I open the door to get to you two and I- woke up..."

"It could potentially be just a dream. I wouldn't see myself duelling him unless it was for good reason. He would have to do something seriously messed up to get me pissed off enough to duel him."

"Do you think it could be withdrawal from the magic in the forest? It did take place in-"

"Are you guys still babbling about what happened yesterday in the east forest? Get over it, it happened once." Luca grumpily interrupted, the playful side of him gone as he tagged along with us.

"Somebody's cranky about not being the centre of attention," I blurted out. Quickening up my pace absent-mindedly, I sneered, "Look, if I could, I would."

"You guys went in the east forest?" Yukiya chimed in, walking with us three.

"Sorry, Yukiya. We're already a thrupple, so kindly butt-out." Luca declared, rudely trying to shoo Yukiya away.

"We're not a thrupple!" Elias and I yelled in sync.

"Witch, please! Don't deny the obvious love triangle between us, Kate," Luca insisted. I rolled my eyes, while Elias glared wickedly at him. "Plus, you two wouldn't have been as close as you are right now if I hadn't told you to steal the mirror. If anything, you should be thanking me."

"I knew you were behind it," Elias growled. "Sorry, Katherine. But only Luca could come up with an idea as idiotic and I hate to say it geniously thought-out such as stealing my father's mirror."

"None taken," I huffed. "Anyways, yes, we did go in the forest. Only because I was led-"

"What do you mean 'led'?" Elias queried, causing all of us to stop in the middle of the hallway. The crowd of students moved around us, and all three of the boys looked at me impatiently.

"Nora took me there. Told me I was the next Guardian-"

Luca scoffed. "Bull, Gedonelune's never had a Guardian. So why now would they have one?"

"If that's the case, how did I even make my way to the tower? Any normal person would be walking in circles! When you went by yourself, did you ever manage to find it? No, that's what I thought," As Klaus passed by us, I pulled him aside. "Klaus even saw her. Right, Klaus?"

"Yes, I did see her. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make a statement to the ministry." Answering my question briefly, he waved goodbye with a book in his hand.

"Whatever. He only agreed with you because even he knows you're crazy!"

"I'm crazy?" I insisted, he nodded his head which only ticked me off more. "That's rich coming from you! But hey, I guess we'll find out soon, right? You wanna bet? I know how much you love that."

"Hm. I guess hanging out with the Goldstein brothers really did influence you. Later, Espinosa." He attempted to pat me on the shoulder, but before his hand could land on me, he gets flown across the room so high, he was dangling on a chandelier a couple hundred feet off of the ground. Students screamed and gasped at what has just happened. Luca's face turned pale as if he saw a ghost.

"W-what the hell did I just do?" I stuttered, making everyone's eyes land on me with fear. I ran, I ran so far until my eyes were so blurry with tears. I didn't stop running until I found a tree and broke down next to that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for 10.5K reads!!!

Thank you for checking out my story, and for giving me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people coming from the Wizardess Heart community and even people who aren't in the community.

I truly didn't expect for this story to get where it is now, let alone all the great friends I made because of it! You all give me purpose and words cannot describe how eternally grateful I am for it.

Okay, enough sappy stuff! I love you all so much. Everyone of you guys are so awesome and all your comments make my day!❤️

 Everyone of you guys are so awesome and all your comments make my day!❤️