Chapter Thirty

This will be the first chapter with Madison and Felicia having their own POV
Sorry for the wait!

Madison
~

"This is just like Tris." I crossed my arms across my chest. Felicia only watched, amused by my annoyance. Her smirk was unavoidable to see. I'm sure she took pleasure out of seeing me upset. Only person who could get under my skin so much; Tris.
Even when I use to babysit Tris, she somehow do or say something that made me want to punch her. She'd play multiple pranks on me. As she got older, Tris would wink and flirt. During all those times, I ignored seventy percent of Tris's attempts to getting me flustered in some way. Now that we were both at the normal age of equal consent and maturity, Tris got to me in other ways.
"I'm going to check around the station. Make sure we're safe." Felicia got up from the couch.
"No." I spoke to quickly. If I let Felicia search around alone, Tris would not be too sweet if something happened to Felicia. If we were going to be here together, we needed to work together. "I'll come with you."
"What?" Brennon stood from floor. "She can go by herself, mom."
"Brennon. You are not a selfish person. Stop acting like one." My tone was firm, leaving no room for discussion.
I waved Felicia to go. "You girls do not leave this break room."
I pulled my knife out.
"You are a scary mom," Felicia chuckled. "These zombies have nothing on you."
Rolling my eyes, I took the lead. There was a door we had yet to explore through.
"I believe this is where they keep their equipment and fire trucks." Felicia tapped on the door, pressing her ear against it. "We could use some of the stuff in here."
"But." I could see there was a problem.
"But...there are zombies in there, too."
"What?" This day couldn't get any better. I went over to the door, pressing my ear against the door. "Fuck me," I hissed.
Felicia snorted, leaning her side into the wall.
I frowned. "What?"
"I see where Tris gets her rich choice of words. You've been...Teaching her that since she was a kid?"
Offended, I pointed at Felicia, "when I started babysitting Tris, I was kid, too. I don't know why you keep trying to make me seem older than I am. And secondly, Tris choices of words effected my language."
Felicia snorted. "Right. She was the bad influence on you."
"Whatever."
"Makes sense." Felicia grinned. "I bet she whispered that to you a lot. 'Fuck me' gives a strong message."
"Hey," I snapped. "I was always professional and distant in that manner when I was babysitting her. And after."
It irked me, Felicia's annoying grin. She was purposely trying to antagonize me. I blew out, trying not to take anything Ms. Felicia said personal.
My focus on the next room in front of us, Felicia cleared her throat more than once. I suppose she was trying to gain my attention.
"Yes, Felicia." I looked up at her, realizing she was way too close. I took a step back, clearing my throat.
"I make you uncomfortable," Felicia said, as if making an observation.
"No." I shook my head, laughing awkwardly. Averting my eyes to the ground, I took in a long breath. "You...piss me off one hundred percent of the time."
"Not, eighty percent?" Felicia smacked her lips. "I just can't believe it's one hundred percent--"
"Look, Felicia. I am not into whatever you're trying to do."
Felicia shrugged. "I'm just talking to you. Interested in who you are. I mean...you are in love with the woman I want."
I blew out. "Okay. We are not having this conversation." I moved away from the door. "For now. We will consider a plan. If you really want to get into that room, we should probably figure out how many zombies are in there. Or if it is even worth it."
I moved passed Felicia swiftly, heading toward the opposite end of the station. There were smaller rooms to check. Damn. I needed fresh air. That woman could light a fire without using anything but her presence.
   "I'll open the door." Felicia head up a bat. I wondered why she didn't have a knife. Easier way to kill. She most have read my mind. "I don't do too good with them so close up. My instinct is to hit first before thinking to stab them."
   Makes sense. Felicia leaned against the inner edge of the wall connected to the door, opening it slowly.
   As the door cracked open, we heard growls. By the slow movement, they were walkers.
   "We let them come out," I ordered.
   Felicia nodded, giving no argument. I assumed she trusted me to lead in a life and death moment. Sticking our hand into that room to turn on a light was like going into an unstable building. Could bring horrific repercussions.
   A hand, missing two fingers pulled the door open. The fingers itself looked swollen with no life. Full view there were two men, wearing firefighter gear. They both looked once in their early thirties. Turning into zombies did them no justice. Their yolk colored eyes, seeped of pus and blood. I blinked a few times nodding to Felicia.
   "Mom," Brennon stepped out into the hallway.
   "Go back into the break room now," I shouted.
   The walkers staggered my way, and it was enough cue for Felicia to swing her bat into the second walkers head. His helmet popped off, turning to Felicia. I moved quickly, stabbing my knife underneath the walkers chin. Turning to Felicia, she pulled out her knife stabbing the second one through the ear. Both walkers dropped to the ground.
   I noticed Felicia's hand shaking. She took a few deep breaths, shaking her head. "Okay." She kicked the door lightly open, checking the rest of the room. It was empty.
Other than the smell of these two walkers, the room looked good enough to occupy. There were a few bottle of waters on night stand. We found a sleeping bag underneath the bed along with a small duffel bag. There were personal hygiene products inside along with a few snack bars and candy.
"We check a few more of these rooms and go back into the shower room where there are lockers, in sure we'll find more stuff to have." Felicia seemed cheerful.
"Some of this is useless to us."
"And when we get around other people again, who aren't trying to kill us, we can make trades." Felicia had a good point.
   I nodded. "Ready to check a the rest of the rooms?" I asked.
   Felicia waved her hand forward. "Ready when you are?"

Felicia
~

   After an hour of thoroughly checking every room we had a duffel bag full of tradable items. I offered to put them inside the trunk of the police car. It was easier to be Pre-packed and ready to go if need be.
   I walked back into the break room at an unlucky time.
   "Why do we have to be with all of them?" Brennon, Madison's lovely daughter was doing her normal bickering.
   Madison sighed.
   "Because...if your mom falls asleep and a bunch of zombies come, you'd want someone like Tris to be there." I couldn't help but force my way into the conversation. The two sisters only sat watching what was going on. They always seemed quiet and nervous.
   "Felicia. Please, stay out of it."
   I shook my head. "No. You are tired and can't even close your eyes because you are either trying to talk some sense into your daughter or worried about what's around us." I turned to sweet old Brennon. "Do you have any friends?" I asked the girl.
   She nodded. "They are with their parents. Probably--"
   "Most of them dead, if not all," I butted in.
   Madison hissed my name. "Felicia. Stop."
   I shut my mouth. Saying one last thing, I turned to the girl. "Tris didn't want the responsibility of helping me like you. She was afraid to get attached to someone else. Never mind she lost her parents. Luckily she had a brother who was around. I had a grandmother. She was too weak and old and still Tris offered to carry her if need be. Message of the story. Having each other keeps more of us safe. Not like we have many options. It takes unity. Teamwork. Especially when Tris is around." I turned, walking off, hoping I'd given that girl some kind of lesson.
What I needed was a shower. I took one, enjoying the warmth of the water. For ten minutes I stood under, sneering the next second when freezing cold water poured over me. "Fuck," I hissed out.
I leaped out of the shower grabbing the towel. Quickly I covered trying to counteract the cold.
Someone opened the door. "Felicia," Madison called out in panic.
She made her way to me and I smiled sheepishly. "We ran out of hot water."
She sighed, what looked like relief.
"I didn't know you cared," I grinned.
She rolled her eyes like she always did, "I don't."
I could tell she was struggling not to look at me. "Am I making you uncomfortable again?"
"You never made me uncomfortable the first time." She turned to walk off facing me again. "Thanks for saying what you did back there to my kid." She looked away awkwardly. "I know I have been slacking as a parent lately."
   I shook my head. "You aren't super mother. No one could prepare for being a parent during a zombie apocalypse. It was hard being a granddaughter or friend. A guy sacrificed his cousin to live. I'd say compared to that, you are on the right track."
Madison seemed to study me for a long moment.
"I come across promiscuous for Tris and annoying, but I shall assure you...I am much more than what I've shown you." Me being honest was one of the things I held firm.
Madison seemed to loosen up all that tension screaming to be massaged from her neck and shoulders. "I'll let you get dressed."
I held out a small container of lotion. "Any way you could assist with the spots I can't reach?" I grinned just a little.
Narrowing her eyes, doing a poor job at hiding her smile, Madison shook her head. "Don't push it. I might start to hate you completely, all over again."
She walked off and I called out, curious. "Does this mean you don't hate me one hundred percent of the time?"
Before walking out, Madison turned to me, considering. "Ninety-five percent."
She left me chuckling.
"I can work with that."