Chapter Eight

Nosy Felicia
~

    I walked into the restroom as I heard zombies banging on the back door. I ignored them leaving the restroom door cracked open just in case Christian needed me.  I turned on the faucet, cold water pouring onto my hands. I splashed the water over my face. I had blood all over my shirt and needed a new set of clothing. I couldn't afford taking my shirt off to have everyone see my bites so I would just have to suffer in it. I tried my best scrubbing the blood off my clothes but it wasn't enough to get the smell out.
Plan B.
   I closed the door further stripping off my sleeved shirt and my pants, using a towel and hand soap I packed to clean myself and my clothes off. I dipped my shirt in the pool of water.
   When I was done scrubbing my clothes, I stood only in my sports bra and briefs leaning over the sink with my head sunk low.
   Knocking snapped my head up as I almost dosed off when the woman I'd snapped at opened it. Her eyes made contact with mines as I watched them drop to my breast. She blushed moving her eyes up and before she could make eye contact again she saw what I feared she would and mouth dropped.
   "You were bi--"
   I reeled her into the restroom, covering her mouth as I slammed the door using her body. "Shut up..." I hissed.
Fuck...fuck...fuck. I was screwed.
   Her eyes widened and she was probably freaking out further from my hostile movement, plus the strength I possessed too hard for her to escape out of. Not to mention the very attitude I directed at her not too long ago.
Nope...no reason to trust me with whatever I had to say.
    She probably assumed I would kill her at this point. I thought about it for a half second, realizing I'm still human and she was too; not to mention she would be one gorgeous creature to take from this earth. Realistically, the look in her green eyes gave me a tranquil response.
   My eyes softened as I whispered. "I'm no threat."
   She looked at me before responding, skeptical. "Kinda hard to picture...when you have your arm crushing my throat."
   I smirked at her exaggerated description. I wasn't crushing her throat; merely hovering over it. I eased off a bit, trying to show in a peaceful manner she could trust me not to strike.
   Her eyes fell to my breast and I cleared my throat for her to look at my eyes. Usually I was the lowering my eyes for a peak at a woman's breast.
   "I was looking at your bites...which you have some nerve to treat me and my grandmother like inconveniences when your walking around ready to turn zombie on us."
   I hissed, "You want to scream that out a little louder for the rest to hear you?"
   "I should," she retorted, crossing her arms over her chest. She scowled. "Can you please...put on some clothes."
   "I can't. They're wet after I had to clean off zombie goo," I spoke dryly with slight irritation. "No one asked you to come in here."
   She frowned, responding back with hostility. "I came back here to apologize for something I never did and try to make peace."
   I ignored the comment of her never doing anything wrong because partially she was right. The other half I could maybe argue. "Well..." I was struggling to come up with something; anything to be right in some way..."you shouldn't have...been here."
   This woman was beginning to intrigue and annoy me further as she smirked, arrogantly. "I was hoping the woman I saw...running out of here to go save someone else...would be kind enough to let us join her. Safer in numbers."
   Was she complimenting me somewhere in that sentence. I narrowed my eyes on her. "I--"
   I had nothing else to say, that's what I had. Which; by the way, was a first in a very long time. I studied this woman taking further interest in her. She had to be around my age.
   "Was I wrong to come to you?" She pointed to one of my bites.
   I grimaced, shutting my eyes to the memories of my parents attacking me. "No...not on that at least." She frowned and I continued. "In total...I was bitten a week ago. If I was going to change...I would have by now."
   "Who bit you?"
   My eyes darkened to her direct question.
   "I'm sorry...I didn't--"
   "My parents," I blurted out. I didn't know why I told her but I did. I didn't react by letting tears fall from my eyes or scream. I just shrugged. "Better me than my brother."
   I bet I had this woman's head spinning like a rollercoaster with my blunt honesty.
   "I'm Felicia. Never got the chance to introduce myself."
   I bet she was holding in that blameful reasoning against me. "I'm Tris."
   "Just...Tris?"
   "In my book," I said smartly.
   She snorted. "You don't have to be a smartass every time. Nice to meet you though, Tris."
   She was so holding in her words. With how I came inside this pawnshop all attitude and threats, if things were reversed, I would have kicked myself down to size by now.
   "I'll let you get dressed...or whatever." I nodded as she continued. "I won't tell anyone. But if you're lying to me...and you turn into a zombie...your ass is grass."
   "If I think I'm turning into anything...I'll kill myself before I put my brother through any danger."
   Felicia looked at me for a moment and I saw what looked to be sadness before turning away. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that."
   I nodded as she walked out closing the door.