Chapter Seventeen

Sorry for my late chapter!
Enjoy!
~

"How about you take the gun from his face?" I held my hands up. "We aren't resisting."
The man pointed his shotgun toward Christian, pressing the gun against his head.
Christian shuddered in fear, Christy begging the two men not to hurt them.
My muscles flinched instinct to protect my brother.
   "How does it feel to have a gun pointed at you?" Donald mocked.
   "I didn't lie my way into your personal space," I said, justifiable for my actions.
   "Donald, enough. Get over here." The man kept his gun aimed at my brother. "You may have a point lady." He lowered his gun slightly.
   "How about you remove the gun completely from his direction. You can aim both at me," I suggested, though it was meant to be a way for me not to do something stupid.
   The man who had been speaking mostly nodded. "He most be family to you. I can understand that." He pointed the gun at me. "We aren't here as enemies."
   "Really..." Felicia stayed covered behind me until she opened her mouth. "Then why'd you put us in harms way?"  
   "I figured if you made it this far you had to be resourceful in surviving. And at the end of the day I'm looking for survivors."
   "We're not interested," I said. "You can take you buddy here and leave us alone."
   The man chuckled. "See if I did that you could follow us."
   "Not likely," I said dryly.
   "We can't risk that." His tone held no choice for us. "Don't make this difficult."
   The other guy pointed his gun at my brother in a threatening manner.
  My eyes darkened, that emotionless feeling absorbing and forming shape from my anguish. I felt my heart rate slow. Lust was in my eyes. The Tris in me I knew seem to hide away.
   There was no explanation for how my mind and body seemed to change on me. The coldness in me taking form like a new person invading me. I felt stronger and faster. Skillful and inhuman. "I'll tell you...one last time. Do not. Point that gun at my brother." The enmity in my voice made it hard to speak. I felt as if my anger would spill out of me. My eyes narrowed fixed on the guy holding his gun at my brother.
   Christian looked into my eyes. "Please do what she says," Christian begged for their sake. He knew the side of me that came out when any of us were threatened.
   "She's fast, Donnie," Donald said keeping his eyes on me.
   The guy Donald called, Donnie scrutinized me.
I know. I was slender. Not even tall enough to face him at eye level. Looked like I can handle myself to a limit compared to him.
   But, my looks were deceiving.
   I heard the zombies making their rounds to the other side of the station. They'd be on our asses within a few minutes.
   "You guys leave and we'll go our separate ways," Felicia begged. "We should be fighting the zombies not each other."
   "We will leave but not without you all," Donnie ordered.
   He put away his shotgun, grabbing his glock from the belt of his pants. He shoved the gun into my brothers face, yanking my brother closer to him. "What do I have to do to get you all to understand the seriousness of my order?"
   Blackness covered my eyes. Only pure instinct to protect. I don't know what pathogens corrupted my system to make me the way I was but I was happy more than ever to have my abilities. I seemed to zone out.
   I raised my hands higher over my head pointing my thumb downward.
   Somehow, Felicia understood what I was asking. Casually she reached down grabbing my knife from the back of my pants.
   I looked at Donald and the other man like an dangerous obstacle to our safety. They were a problem to remove.
   The zombies were so close. I could hear them more clearly and so did everyone else.
   When the first zombie turned the corner coming from behind Donnie, he turned ordering the other man and Donald to cover him.
   I chose that moment to fight.
   In a swift motion I felt Felicia being the knife up to my hand. I gripped the hem as I brought it over my head and down onto Donnie's neck. The blade sliced inside his throat, blood squirting out. I felt some of it splash into my mouth.
I licked around my lips groaning at the taste. His hands shot out to me as if begging me to not kill him though it was too late.
Donnie collapsed down to his knees. From the corner of my eyes I saw Donald face flush, eyes widening in horrid. He grabbed the gun from the other man ready to shoot my brother.
I moved unnaturally, too fast for Donald to pull the gun completely up at my brother
The gun went off, shooting me in the thigh. I felt nothing, adrenaline being my best friend.
I slammed the butt of my knife atop his forehead. Donald screamed out like a child being spanked. Blood spilled from his forehead. He stumbled back as a zombie grabbed at his shoulder pulling him in for a bite. I watched as a walker sunk its teeth into his neck. I grinned.
Donald screamed even louder. I pulled Christian back behind me, Christy jumping my way.
The last guy focused more of the walker shooting one at a time.
I nodded for everyone to run toward the opening street.
Still craving my own killing I went forward for the man back turned to me as I sank my human teeth into the back of his neck, tearing his flesh from his body.
His skin was chewy like beef jerky. The fat from his neck was the same as eating bacon uncooked. Blood painted my lips.
Going in for another bite Christian screamed in a mix of horror and disgust.
I turned seeing his eyes widen.
My mind snapped back from the blackness that blocked my vision.
"Stop fucking ignoring me. Let's move." It was Donnie.
My heart beat so fast I nearly fell over from confusion and panic.
It was a dream. Donnie was standing. Gun still pointing at my brother. He was very much still alive.
The panic slammed into my chest.
Sweat was the only thing I felt besides my fast beating heart.
The trance felt so real. I could still taste the mans flesh in my mouth.
Instead of resisting I nodded. "We'll go."
Tears threatened to burn my eyes. Partly, because I was concerned for my brother. The second reason being I couldn't protect my brother. I promised him that and I was failing. The third reason. Some part of me knew if I let that dark part of me in, That trance; dream that seemed so real could possibly happen. I would definitely be a monster.
The only choice I had was to comply. There was a way out of this. I had to believe that. There was a can I barely noticed parked on the street next to us.
Zombies were now coming around the corner.
We all rushed to the van.
One by one we climbed in, Donnie keeping his gun on me as the other rested on Christian.
As much as I tried, I fought the darkness inside me. Holding in my breath was one the ways from not smelling their scent. That seemed to drive me madder. My skin formed goosebumps, mouth drying.
"What's wrong with you?" Donnie asked, cautious.
It seemed the harder I fault to hold back my darker side the worse it made me feel. I wanted to vomit.
Donald hopped in the front driving us off.
Christian put his hand on my thigh, and I shivered from his touch.
My skin was damp and soaked from sweat. I took shuddering breaths
"When we get to our came we will have our doctor check you out. All of you."
Listening to Donald, fear drained the rest of my color from my face. I couldn't let them see my bites. If they did they would kill me right on the spot. That or want to use me if they knew what I was capable of. Either way, both options were wrong.
It was too late. They were taking us. I should have risked it and fault back.
Fuck me. What was I going to do?
Not making any rash decision, out of fear I panicked, lunging forward only to have Donnie shoot me in the chest.
I gasped, blindly feeling around the hole in my chest. I missed my heart but still. I was fucked.
Screaming on both side of my ear let me know that Christian, Christy, and Felicia were freaking out. The van stopped.
I heard Donnie shouting something, though everything seemed to disorient. I felt my brother arm brush mines as he tried to fight Donnie.
I could hear voices, and cries. My eyes blinked a few times as I felt myself go.
There was no going back. My trance or dream I was living. This time my actions killed me.
I was dead.