Chapter 7

"Oh my goodness! It's so cute!" Suka exclaimed as she picked up the tiny kitten.

She noticed that there was a note inside the box, so she started to read it.

Dear Suka,

I hope you like him, I rescued him from a hole by a fence nearby. Give him a name and make sure to play with him lots; he's really energetic. He reminds me of you.

Love, Kuroo

Suka blushed. It was the cutest gift she'd ever received. She brought the kitten up to her room and tried to think of a name. She couldn't think of anything, so she just decided to think of one tomorrow. She fell asleep instantly, with her unnamed kitten by her feet.

The next day at school went by incredibly slow. She couldn't wait to get home and play with her new kitten. However, she had the boys volleyball practice everyday after school.

"Aw darn. No more peaceful practices." Kageyama sighed, as he saw Suka walk in the gym.

"You wanna go, bud?? I'll knock you out in a second!!" she yelled as she threw some punches in the air.

"Can you even reach my head to knock me out?" Kageyama replied and stuck his tongue out.

No body bothered holding Suka back, they knew Kageyama was about to get what he deserved. However instead of swinging at him, she announced to the group, "Thanks to your lovely teammate Kageyama, you will all be doing 2 hours of non-stop fitness this practice, as he has requested."

"I like the sound of that" Coach Ukai said as he walked in the gymnasium.

Everybody groaned and glared at Kageyama.

"Let's start with everyone's favorite exercise, pushups!!" Suka exclaimed.

Everyone was groaning with pain after the first 5 pushups, except for Asahi, who was going 2 per second!

"See, you guys should be more like Asahi." she said, and sat down on Asahi's back. This didn't weigh him down at all though, he kept doing pushups with Suka on top of him, at an incredible speed.

"What do you expect, he has to have strong arms. He's an ace after all." Tsukishima stated.

"Asahi, you can stop now. As for the rest of you, 20 more pushups." she sternly told the group.

When everyone finished, Suka said, "Time for squats!" Everybody groaned even louder.

"50, each." she added, and laughed.

"If you're going to make us exercise, why don't you do it with us? You are a volleyball player after all, aren't you?" Kageyama smirked.

Suka looked at him in disbelief,  but then smirked back.

"Very well then." she said. "Kageyama, get on my shoulders." she added.

Everyone looked at Suka in disbelief.

"Wait... What?" Kageyama asked.

"You heard me. Get on my shoulders." she repeated.

"Okay.. But I'm warning you.. It's not my fault if you collapse." Kageyama said as he did what Suka told him to. But instead of collapsing, she squatted down, and got right back up. Then repeated that, 50 times as everyone just watched with their mouths open.

"So that's how her bum is so big..." Nishinoya whispered to Tanaka.

Kageyama got off of her shoulders, and everyone else got up and started doing squats as fast as they could.

"Wow, I see the thought of a girl being stronger than them really motivated them" Coach Ukai said to Suka, and laughed.

At the end of practice, everyone was dripping with sweat.

Asahi, Nishinoya, Hinata, and Suka all left the gym together like always.

"Asahi... Can I have a piggy back ride... My legs hurt..." Nishinoya asked.

"My legs hurt too, Noya." he replied.

"Just get on my back" Suka said.

At this point, Nishinoya was too tired to care about looking like a loser, so he just jumped on Suka's back.

"Wow, you guys sure are best friends..." Hinata laughed.

They both stuck up the peace sign and stuck their tongues out.

When Suka got home, she ran up to her room to see her Kitten playing with a hair elastic.

"Oh dear... I still need a name for you..." she said to her kitten, who looked back at her with a puzzled expression.

She grabbed a string from her desk and tied the elastic to it. She was playing with her kitten when her mom called to her "Do you have any plans for the weekend?"

She realized that today was Friday, and that the weekend has finally come after a long week.

"Not that I know of!" Suka called back to her mother.

"Would you like to go out for lunch with me tomorrow? I heard they've opened a new Sushi place not too far from grandma's house!" Her mom called from downstairs.

"Sure, I'd love to!" Suka replied.

She was gonna message Kuroo to see if he had plans, but she fell asleep, forgetting to message him.

The next morning Suka woke up and had breakfast. She put on her glasses and read the news on her laptop. Nothing interesting, as always.

As it was getting closer to noon, she got dressed and headed out with her mum to the Sushi place. They had an amazing lunch and headed back home.

It was 3:00pm. She decided to spend the rest of the day at the library. She loved the library because it was such a peaceful place; it made her feel warm and cozy.

When she entered the library, she saw Yamaguchi reading a book. He noticed that Suka was looking at him, so he shyly waved at her. She walked over to him.

"Mind if I sit with you?" she asked with a smile.

"Of course! I mean, no, I don't mind.." he replied shyly, and blushed.

After a few hours of talking, the library was about to close. They said farewell, and Suka walked back home.

When she got home, it was 9:00pm. There was a note left on the table.

My boss called in and said I have to go to an emergency meeting in Tokyo. Be back in a day or two. Sorry for such late notice. I love you.

-Mom

Great, Suka thought. She turned on the T.V in her living room and decided to watch some horror movies. Although they scare the crap out of her, she loves them.

It was almost midnight when Suka's phone buzzed. Kuroo texted her, "I have a surprise for you." She heard the doorbell ring right after she finished reading the text.

What the hell? Who would be at my door at this hour? Maybe mom came back home early... Suka thought. She carefully opened the door, and looked outside. She saw a tall figure standing front of the door. The figure slowly started moving towards her. Suka had never been so scared before. As the figure came closer, she noticed he was wearing red sweatpants and a black T-shirt, with a red sweater on top that read "Nekoma".

"Kuroo?" she asked.