3 Mr. Darcy

Vaughn POV

After the successful meeting with the potential clients, they asked if we could wind up and drink a little. We ended up at Valkire Bar suggested by my co-lawyer Miguel. He said it is a nice place since our Japanese clients enjoy dancing and drinking. They have VIP rooms too.

"Vaughn, pare, congrats sa atin!" Sabi ni Miguel sabay tapik sa balikat ko at angat ng inumin niya. I tossed my drinks with his and smiled.

"Sabi ko na kayang-kaya natin mapa-oo ang mga hapong investors na 'yan. Saan pa ba sila makakahanap ng genius na kagaya mo! CEO and legal counsel in one..tsk tsk... tanga na lang sila pare kapag pinakawalan pa nila ang proposal natin." tatawa-tawang saad ni Miguel na nagpangiti lang sa akin.

Inilibot ko ang paningin ko mula sa japanese investors namin na ngayon ay nagsasayaw sa dance floor. They look like they are enjoying themselves with filipina girls grinding their bodies at them.

I don't like going to these kinds of place. I prefer a quiet location to relax. Natawag ang pansin ko ng babaeng nakaupo sa dulo ng bar counter ng club. She's wearing a bloody red dress. The slit of her dress shows most of her legs after crossing them on the narrow stool. The revealing dress also shows her flat stomach and cleavage. That hour-glass figure with the fairest smooth skin is so familiar. I instantly knew who she was even before seeing her face. But still I checked, she is wearing the boldest red lipstick, her cheeks are tinted red too, maybe from drinking too much. In the darkness of the bar, her fair skin shows contrast to everything around her. Napansin marahil ni Miguel ang pananahimik ko ng sundan niya kung ano ang tinitignan ko.

"Woah! Nandito pala si Ms. De Ville! Bulalas ni Miguel na sinundan pa niya ng pagpito "Woooh.. fuck! ang hot niya! Lahat na yata ng kakilala ko pantasya iyang si Ms. De Ville. I heard even the Turkish prince was smitten by her. Tsk..sayang lang, total package na sana 'yan. Mayaman, maganda at ubod ng sexy but her attitude... man! She's nasty. Katulad ng apelyido niya ang ugali niya." Napapailing na ani Miguel.

"What?" Naguguluhang tanong ko habang pinapanood naming uminom ng sunod-sunod na cocktail drinks ang babae.

She is like the little devil, pare. You know De Ville... devil? Funny, right?" Nakangising ani Miguel.

"I see." Maikling tugon ko naman.

"Nabalitaan ko kanina lang na binalak magpakamatay ng apo ni Gob dahil pinahiya ni Ms. De Ville. But I guess money and power can shut people up. Nawala din agad ang article at pati sa social media wala na din agad ang balita." napapalatak na kwento ni Miguel. Napatango lang ako dahil hindi rin nakarating sa akin ang balitang iyon.

"Do you know her?" Tanong ni Miguel ng 'di pa rin natatanggal ang pagkakatitig ko sa naglalasing na si Tamara.

"I do. My father and her father were long time friends. I invested in some of their stocks. I even cater for some of Andrew's legal matters." Maikling paliwanag ko na ikinatango ni Miguel.

"Ah ganon ba pare, matagal mo na palang kilala 'yang si Ms. De Ville. Look pare, I think she's wasted." sabi ni Miguel na sinang-ayunan ko. Mukha ngang lasing na ang dalaga at nakasalumababa pa sa bar, animo'y napapapikit na ang malamlam nitong mata, naka pout ang pulang labi nito at mapula na rin ang cheeks nito marahil sa dami ng nainom.  She is oblivious of all the men that is looking at her like lions waiting on their prey.

I tried to look at her surroundings, trying to find if she came with her friends. But I didn't see any of her rebel friends in the crowd. She came alone and that angers me. I can't ignore her now. I feel obligated to help her. Siya ang tipo ng babae na kinaiinisan ko. Too entitled, too promiscuous, too scandalous and liberated for my taste. A trouble-maker. But knowing she will be a constant person in my life, I'm obligated to take care of her.

"Migs, pare, I think she came here alone and I need to take her home, I don't want Andrew to worry about his misbehave daughter. Can you take care of our clients and excuse my absence to them?" I asked Miguel.

"Sure pare, we don't want two controversy circling about her in just a span of one day." Natatawang ani Miguel na nagpatawa na rin sa akin.

And so I find myself walking towards her and gratefully catching her before she fell down on the ground. I felt her hand encircling my waist as she tilted her head sideways to take a good look at me. She slowly examined my face then recognition made her eyes to widened. I knew she instanlty recognized me.

"You!?" She said and then passed out in my arms.