Part Thirty Two

Luke didn't know what was coming, but he knew what he could expect from Ashton.
He had tried his best, though. He had a bizarre desire to complete Ashton's instructions. There was no logical reason behind this, except maybe self preservation, and that was a stretch.
"Ashton - I'm sorry - I tried -" Luke cut himself off, beginning to panic as he realized Ashton had pulled a knife from the cutlery drawer.
"Oh my god, Ashton please listen to me, I swear I'll do everything if you give me time..."
Luke had backed himself up against the counter by now, feeling as if it would help in some way. It didn't.
"I told you to do something, you didn't do it. You understand where I'm coming from, right?"
Luke nodded. He did understand. But that didn't exactly make him feel better about it.
"I - Uh -" Luke scrambled for a reason that Ashton shouldn't put the knife into use. He had nothing that would benefit Ashton.
It all happened so quickly from that moment. It was only a matter of seconds before Ashton had the sharp edge of the knife pressed to Luke's throat.
"Tell me again how fucking sorry you are," Ashton couldn't help but smirk. Knowing he constantly had the upper hand was an undeniably good feeling.
Luke could feel the knife digging into his skin but it hadn't drawn blood yet...
"I am sorry! Please," Luke knew that this could easily be it. Ashton had no reason to keep him alive, and there was a hefty sum hanging around his neck. Especially if he turned out dead.
Ashton brought his spare hand up to Luke's lips, pressing his finger to them.
"You're not sorry, you just don't want to die," Ashton accused him.
Luke's blue gaze faltered as he tried to think of a way out of this.
Luke swallowed hard, the knife pressed against his throat not helping.
He suddenly winced as some of the skin under the blade broke, causing a thin cut. It wasn't deep, or large, but it hurt.
And then all pressure from around his neck was gone.
Ashton dropped the knife on the kitchen side behind him, also moving his hand away from Luke's lips.
"Clean yourself up, I don't want blood everywhere," Ashton snapped at Luke, leaving Luke struggling not to break down.