Part Seven

"Turn around."
Ashton's sharp words hit Hemmings hard. There was no way this could be happening...
Luke did as he was told. By now, despite the stabbing fear, Luke had managed to work out that the item pressed into his back was a handgun. The bullets inside most likely meant for him.
Already Luke's breathing was becoming uneven, and he hadn't even turned around yet.
It wasn't until he heard the click of the gun loading that he did finally turn to face the older man.
"D-don't hurt me - I - I wanted to - I couldn't pay - I -"
Ashton cut the boy, now a stammering wreck, off with his razor-like voice.
"Shut up and walk. We've somewhere to be."
That was all Ashton said.
He was there to finish what he'd started. Hemmings would be dead, or missing at the least, by the stroke of midnight. Ashton would make sure of it.
Hemmings swallowed down as much of his overflowing terror as was possible for him. He just nodded in agreement. In perspective, there was nothing he could do. He wasn't the one with the gun.
Ashton kept close to Luke as they walked, having now concealed the firearm in his sleeve.
This was the fun part, but also the most difficult. One wrong move and he would be going down for murder.
The blonde boy beside Ashton was shaky now, and it was clear to anyone walking past that he was extremely uncomfortable with the current situation.
So Ashton nudged him and hissed at him.
"Quit looking like you're gonna cry. I have barely touched you."
"I - uh - just please - ugh - I didn't - Where are we going?" Hemmings finally found his words, shaky as they were.
"You'll find out soon enough. Be patient."
Luke had no choice but to stare at the floor as Ashton led him further and further away from where he considered 'safe'.