Part Nineteen

Luke eyed the gun cautiously and slowly reached for it. His judgement was still clouded, but he knew exactly what he was doing by putting himself in this situation. He was risking a lot if he confronted Ashton, was it worth it? Maybe... He wanted to think that he could make it out before people even started looking for him...
Of course, he'd quit his job and move out of the way. But that was beside the point. It was still better than anything Ashton suggested.
The blonde boy eventually found his feet, the gun awkwardly in his grip.
He had never used a gun, let alone held one. But, if this was going to be his only chance, Luke wasn't about to let it slip through his fingertips.
Luke stumbled over his first steps a little, although regained his balance.
His only motivation for this was being able to leave. This might not be a sensible choice, but he was going to take any chance he could get.
Hemmings found himself in the doorway to the kitchen, holding the firearm tightly in his grip.
Ashton glanced up to him as he poured the drink, but didn't seem phased by the metal object in Luke's hand.
"What are you doing pointing a gun at me? You know perfectly well that you don't know how to use it," Ashton chuckled. And Luke knew he was right already.
"Because - Uh - You are - You're going to - to - uh - let me go home - uh..." Luke stammered, bringing the gun so it was pointing in Ashton's general direction.
"I'm really not," Ashton shrugged, stepping towards Luke, in order to leave the kitchen.
Luke stood his ground; A little shakily, but he didn't step away
"I'll - uh - I'll shoot you and - uh - call someone-"
Ashton didn't look concerned at Luke's words in the slightest.
"You will, will you?" he asked, a patronizing edge to his voice.
"J-just let me - just let me go home, I swear I won't tell anyone..."
Luke was already losing any control he had on the situation.
Several seconds silence passed and Luke began to get a little mor little than nervous for Ashton's response.
"Go ahead, shoot me, I dare you," Ashton finally laughed.
And Luke pulled the trigger.
Nothing happened.