Part Twelve

It took Hemmings a long time to shake off the extreme sensation of dizziness that had overtaken all his senses when he sat up. A grimace formed in his expression as he lifted his hand to his head, to attempt to find the source of the blood. He found it.
A cruel gash on his forehead, backing into his hairline an inch or two. But he couldn't feel it. It was as if it had been numbed purposefully. He had scrapes all down his arms and his flannel was ripped on the sleeves - had he fallen? It would explain the intense aching he was feeling...
Luke groaned again, staring down at his scraped, but clean, hands as he tried to get to his feet. He couldn't.
It took Luke a second attempt to stand before he managed to stay on his feet.
Finally, he was able to look around the room properly.
It certainly wasn't a hospital room, the smells of antiseptic and detergent weren't present. Hemmings' blue gaze worked over the room as he tried to work out his surroundings. The white walls, linoleum flooring and bare furniture were completely new to him in every way.
Nothing made sense and Luke was still struggling to remember anything except the fact he was trying to get away.
Get away from what? Why did he have to? He had no answers and he was beginning to feel a headache nagging at him, so he tried to relax. He had to find out where he was... later. Luke would find out when he felt up to it.
A wooden staircase lead up to a second floor, so that would be a good place to start. Not yet, though. Soon.