"Laur," Camila protested but Lauren shushed her.

"I'm fine Camz, it's nothing I can't handle. I'm more worried about you right now," She said truthfully. Camila was so quick to brush off that not even twenty hours ago she was refusing to speak to anyone.

"Well, I'm okay," Camila told her and Lauren smiled.

"Good, 'cause I'd be sad if you weren't."
•••
"C'mon Camz, it won't be that bad," Lauren pleaded, trailing after Camila like a puppy.

"No way am I going to a party, which I don't even like in the first place, with her," Camila deadpanned and Lauren let out a frustrated groan.

"Please, I really want to go," She complained, stomping her feet frustratedly.

"Go then, I'll stay home. You can even lock me in," She added the last bit sarcastically, turning to face Lauren.

"You wouldn't stay alone," Lauren pointed out.

It was true. The past few days Camila had been clinging to Lauren like a limpet.

"Try me," Camila challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"It'd be really fun, you liked the last one," Lauren continued with her begging.

"I don't care Lauren," Camila exclaimed, crossing her arms and taking Lauren back by her sudden outburst.

"Mani wants you to go," She reasoned and Camila shrugged.

"Tell Mani I'm sorry but her girlfriend hates me and I don't want to be crammed into a house with people I don't know."

Because it was Normani's birthday, it meant that the African-American had invited all her friends, of which Camila had only met about five.

"You're no fun whatsoever," Lauren complained, running a hand through her hair exasperatedly.

"I don't care," Camila muttered, walking passed her.

"Ugh, you have to be so problematic," Lauren shouted after her.

The only response she received was the sound of the bedroom door slamming.

"Camila I swear to god if you aren't ready in half an hour I'm dragging you to the party in your pyjamas," Lauren banged her fist on the door.

"I'm not going," Camila called stubbornly.

"Yes you are!"

"No!"

It had been almost four hours since they'd disagreed about it earlier and they'd made no progress.

"You won't go but if I went without you you'd freak out, what do you want me to fucking do?" Lauren shouted frustratedly.

"I'm not going to a party with my face covered in bruises," Camila declared.

"Cover it in makeup then, I don't give a shit, just hurry up and get ready," Lauren hissed and she could practically see Camila's pout through the door.