Third Year

Their third year was about to begin and Harry had almost forgotten about the scar that resided on his face. Sometimes people stared and sometimes people asked questions. Not that it mattered. Harry would tell muggles that he had been in an accident as a child and they would believe him and wizards and witches never needed to ask.

Harry's birthday had been amazing. He'd gotten presents and had even eaten out with his father, Tom and the Malfoy's. Draco had gotten him a muggle book named the lord of the rings and Tom had gotten him a diary which had Harry's name engraved in gold letters on the front of it. Severus had gotten him books, mainly as well as some other bits and bobs.

With their third year would bring a new defence against the dark arts professor and Harry idly wondered who it would be. Harry had spent a lot of his holiday visiting the Malfoys or with Draco visiting him at his house. Tom had spent his summer with Harry and Severus, thanking them for being so kind as to let him stay and the summer had gone by so quickly. And now they were sat on the Hogwarts express, clutching their tickets in excitement for another year.

This year, Harry was determined not to get into any trouble. He felt that his past evil ways were childish and selfish and his father had at one point been scared of him. Now was his chance to change and become a better person. Although, Harry wasn't good, per say. He just thought such evil ideals were like what muggles had done to people of different races. It was prejudice. 

"Draco?" Harry began when they were speeding past some countryside. "Do you believe that it is our responsibility to hurt those who oppose us, to hurt muggles?"

"Why do you ask?" Draco asked, fidgeting in his seat awkwardly. Harry fiddled with his tie which was tied loosely around his neck and sighed deeply. He tried to catch Draco's gaze but Draco wasn't looking at him but out the window.

"I think that it is time we grow up, Draco. Muggles are people, too. I think we have done so much wrong and it is time to correct our mistakes and try to redeem ourselves. We need to show the world we are good. However, not like them. We won't lay down our lives. We'll fight, yes, but we won't die. Draco, what do you say?"Draco looked at Harry, sighing in relief and walking to sit next to Harry and embrace him. 

Soon Draco had fallen asleep and Harry let him sleep, sitting as still as he could while he thought of something he could do while he sat. There was at least another hour before they arrived at Hogwarts. Then he remembered the book Draco had got Harry for his birthday. The Lord of The Rings by JRR Tolkien. 

An hour later, the train came to a halt and Harry jumped. He was so immersed in the pages of his book that he hadn't realised that they had been approaching Hogsmeade station. Harry quickly shock Draco awake and he didn't seem very pleased. 

"You should never have let me fall asleep. And you should have woken me earlier." Draco said in a huff while hurrying to leave the compartment. 

"Sorry, I was reading the book you bought me. The lord of the rings. It's a really good book. Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Peregrin Took, Merriadock Brandybuck, Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey. Those are the main people so far. Oh, and some bitch named Rosey. But I don't think Sam and Rosey should be together. Sam should be fucking Fro-"

"Come on, Harry. Hurry up or we'll be taken straight back to platform nine and three quarters!"