36|Flatline

Ricky was panting, laying in the hospital bed. He hated it, he was in a terrible amount of pain, and the baby hadn't even started crowning. He refused to get the cesarian. He wanted a natural birth, no matter how dangerous it was.

I held his hand, running my thumb over his knuckles. "How're you feeling, gorgeous?" I asked softly, kissing his temple.

Ricky spoke between small sobs and whimpers, "I'm just ready to have this little monster out of me, Chris. I know it sounds bad and mean, but-"

"No, I completely understand.. Well, sorta. I don't understand how the pregnancy affects you, but I can understand why you want him out." I explained, "If that makes any sense,"

Ricky took a deep breath and threw his head back. "O-Oh my God! F-F-Fu-uck!"

I started to panic, holding his hand tighter. I pressed the button on the side of the bed dozens of times, watching tears drop from my lover's gorgeous eyes.

A small group of doctors came into the room, asking me to stand up. I did as asked, trembling with the fear of losing my beloved Ricky Olson. They told me what was going on, then had me sit down again. The doctors still needed to cut into him a bit, since it would lower the chance of a tear.

Ricky held out a hand, to which I took as I sat down beside him again. I hate hospitals, and I hate the sight of people's insides. I decided to just stay with Ricky.

"Deep breaths, okay?" I whispered, glancing at the doctors as they opened up a scalpel.

Ricky nodded, wincing when he was injected with an extremely strong numbing syrum. "O-Okay,"

He was already hooked up to a heart monitor, and had fluids going into him for a few hours. Poor thing's terrified.

"Hey, eyes on me," I soothed as Ricky kept looking downward. "Eyes on me, focus on me, Baby."

Ricky looked at me, immediately nuzzling my neck. He was trembling. "I'm scared.. It hurts, Baby, why does it hurt?"

"Numb him more! He's hurting, you-"

I was cut off by a female doctor, "this is normal for him, Sir. There's both contractions, and the pain of the infant moving inside him. Please, let us do our job." She spoke gently. "His body wasn't made for this."

I looked away, kissing my lover's forehead. "Sh, sh, shhh... You're safe, you're gonna be okay," I cooed. "I love you."

"I l-love you t-too!" He whimpered, squeezing my hand as hard as he could. "N-Nnh!"

Minutes of Ricky crying and whimpering passed before the room went silent. Ricky had gone limp, the doctors were panicking. He stopped pushing, stopped breathing.

The constant beeping of a heart monitor went dead, a continuous tone ringing distantly. My baby. My fucking everything. He's gone.

It was as if the world went into slow motion. I felt like I was underwater. I couldn't breathe, and everything sounded distant and echoed. The doctors soon had their hands on Ricky's chest, pushing and blowing into his mouth.

Black spots started to corrupt my vision as the noises got louder. I realized what was happening. Ricky wasn't breathing.

I tried to shake my head, shoving the doctor away before pressing my lips to Ricky's. "Wake up! W-Wake up, I need you! Someone fucking help him!"

My vision got blurry, my mind beginning to sway. Or was that my body? I didn't know. All I did know, was that Ricky was dead. Flatline. One continuous fucking beep that I couldn't get away from.

Everything suddenly went black.

Heyo... This chapter wasn't the best written and rather short, I apologize. However... I have nothing to say bwuahaha! Stay tuned~