Ch. 501 - 510

Chapter 501: Traces of Blood

Willpower was after something that existed in the foundation of a body. Once the body declines and dies, the willpower will also slowly diminish, unless it was like the swarthy youth, whose soul had been refined into a Yin specter before losing his body. His life was no longer a combination of body and soul. A Yin specter's ghostly spirit resides in a piece of flesh. Under these circumstances, the swarthy youth's soul could exist even after leaving a physical body.

A normal human would have fuzzy willpower when seriously injured and they might even fall unconscious.

The swarthy youth did not dare to clash with Lin Xintong directly with willpower, but he could severely injure Lin Xintong's body, making her lose her consciousness.

In the icy plain, the snowy wind was ceaseless. Lin Xintong needed to constantly use Yuan Qi to protect her body, but having gone so deep, most of her Yuan Qi was depleted.

"Just a little bit of effort, and your body will be mine."

The swarthy youth's eyes were like those of a venomous serpent. He gave Lin Xintong a deep glance like he was watching a delicious prey.

With that, the swarthy youth's figure slowly merged into the ice and snow, as if he melted.

The specter energy from his body became more intense. This specter energy gradually spread out to form a black door of light.

A technique of summoning ferocious ghosts.

The swarthy youth gently touched the black door of light as it increased in size. It was like an entrance to Hell. One red-eyed ferocious ghost after another rushed out of the black door while snarling.

They did not have any real bodies. But when they appeared, the ice and snow around them swept towards them, covering their bodies...

...

Wu Wu...

The cold wind howled. Lin Xintong was still proceeding forward.

Suddenly, her body, which had nearly frozen, paused. She gently looked up and under the snowy storm, her indifferent eyes looked at her surroundings. Her eyelashes and eyebrows were already covered in frost.

She remained silent as her pale, slender fingers touched the hilt of her sword.

More than ten shadows appeared around her in the raging snow.

These figures were slowly approaching her.

They were all large in size and they were covered in white fur. Their footsteps were heavy, and they gave one a feeling of extreme danger.

Lin Xintong held her breath. She was already a spent force, and for her to encounter these snow monsters under these circumstances, it was no doubt a disaster for her.

There were desolate beasts in the icy plains?

Lin Xintong stood with her sword. In the snowstorm, she was like a beautiful ice sculpture.

The black figures drew near as Lin Xintong realized that they were not desolate beasts. They were formed from ice and snow. Even their fur was formed from snow.

Despite having a body formed from ice and snow, their eyes emitted a red glow. They gave off a feeling of extreme evil.

Without any words, the snow monsters attacked!

A huge claw slammed at Lin Xintong.

Lin Xintong's heart sank as she saw the claw about to hit her head. Forcefully gathering energy, she stabbed her sword in an oblique angle.