Ch. 231 - 240

Chapter 231: Sword Scar Palace

A cold breeze blew through the Tai Ah Divine City deep into the night. The Tai Ah Divine City was covered in snow once again.

It had snowed twice during the past few days of the rookie ranking competition.

In a city like the Tai Ah Divine City, it had layers upon layers of arrays. Once the arrays were initiated, they would allow the whole city to experience the warmth of spring throughout the entire year. However, this was a great waste of energy and there was no reason to do so. The Yuan Qi gathered within the Tai Ah Divine City arrays were instead supplied to the warriors for cultivation.

Yi Yun walked along the streets. Every time he stepped onto the snow, the compacted snow would tremble and make a crunching sound.

There were rows of houses with unsophisticated ambiences on both sides of the street .

Yi Yun kept on recalling the battles that happened in the day.

There was no doubt that both Chu Xiaoran and Qiuniu possessed outstanding capabilities. Most importantly, they each had their own characteristics and strengths.

Chu Xiaoran had gained insight into a law, while Qiuniu had his strong body...

Between the two of them, in their own respective aspects, they were so strong that they made others feel helpless to the point of losing confidence!

Of course, Yi Yun was not lacking in confidence. Chu Xiaoran and Qiuniu may be strong, but Yi Yun still had the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique'.

But the problem was...

The 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' could not be considered a strength of Yi Yun.

The 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' was strong and the warriors who mastered the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' could easily beat warriors with average cultivation techniques. They could even battle people who were a few levels above them and it would still be as easy as eating and drinking.

But... the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' could not be considered to be a 'specialty'!

The 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' could suppress others through its absolute power. But if they were to face someone who also cultivated the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique', or someone whose 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' level was higher than their own, such as Qin Haotian, then they would lose all the advantages that the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' gave them. What mattered then would be a competition amongst their other aspects.

The other aspects included competing in terms of strength, laws, speed or battle experience...

What was his competitive advantage? What did he have that allowed him to beat Qin Haotian?

He would most likely lose even at the same level!

Yi Yun suddenly realized that his battle power was far too weak. Besides the 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' and the large success stage of Minute Subtlety, he had no other competitive advantages.

Yi Yun had great ambition. If a typical warrior were to master the legendary 'Tai Ah Sacred Technique' in a short period of time, they would be so excited that they would lose themselves, but Yi Yun felt that it was still insufficient. He needed to strengthen every aspect of himself. He wanted to be an all-rounded person without any weaknesses!

Such as... Saber techniques!

Yi Yun's saber techniques had always been weak. In fact, he had no saber techniques at all.

The Saber moves that were derived from the 'Nine Mysterious Swords of Heaven' technique were nothing in front of an expert.

With this thought in mind, Yi Yun started walking towards a new direction. He stopped in front of a palace after walking down the street for fifteen minutes.