Ch. 491 - 500

Chapter 491: Yet another Dangerous Move

"These beads are..."

In his energy vision, Yi Yun could see that the source of the pure Yang energy fluctuations in the cave came from these beads.

There was a total of twelve beads, and each one was crystal-clear and red in color. They looked like the most flawless blood spirit stones.

"Could it be... that these beads are the red lotus' lotus seeds?"

Yi Yun recalled the scene from before. The three-legged strange bird had picked the red lotus' lotus seeds and then soaked them in large amounts of heart's blood, taken from the desolate beasts. It then brought the lotus seeds back into the cave.

Now, Yi Yun had found these beads, and the quality of the pure Yang energy they contained was far greater than the lotus seed he saw before. This confirmed Yi Yun's guess.

Now, according to the situation, it was likely that the three-legged strange bird had used the heart's blood from the desolate beasts and soaked the lotus seeds in it. Many of the desolate beasts killed by the strange birds were pure Yang-elemental in nature, so the blood in their hearts contained the right essence.

Although they were all pure Yang beasts in nature, the desolate beasts were all of different species, had different properties and understood different laws. In contrast, the red lotus' lotus seeds could perfectly absorb these energies and merge them into themselves.

This made the pure Yang energy, contained within the lotus seeds, become even purer and more balanced.

"To think that this strange bird has such intelligence..."

Yi Yun was a bit surprised. He knew that humans would soak lotus seeds in wine. By doing so for a few years, it had the effect of invigorating one's Yang energy after consumption. He never expected for the three-legged strange bird to soak the lotus seeds in blood. As for the blood coming from the hearts of desolate beasts, it was of course much better than wine. It was more suitable for a red lotus that yearned for blood.

Seeing these lotus seeds, it was unknown for how many years they had been soaked in it. It was also unknown how many desolate beasts had been sacrificed for this absorption during this period.

The three-legged strange bird had indeed put in a lot of effort.

Yi Yun guessed that the strange bird had stored the lotus seeds here and planned to use them later to help it complete its evolution. Many desolate beasts could evolve their bloodline during their maturation process.

This leader bird had already evolved to the stage of having three legs, and from many years of breathing in the essence of this world, and absorbing pure Yang energy, to eventually swallowing these pure Yang lotus seeds, it could grow feathers and look increasingly similar to the ancient Golden Crow.

"Strange Bird Bro, you sure worked hard. I really benefited from you this time. Thanks." Yi Yun silently muttered and then moved quickly. In a blink of an eye, all the pure Yang relics in the turtle shell had been sent into his interspatial ring.

The world had such rules. The strange birds hunted numerous desolate beasts, and collected the blood from their hearts to nourish the blood lotus seed.

As for Yi Yun, he stole the blood lotus seeds, making the strange birds do all of that for naught.

The billions of living things in this world were fighting to grow and become stronger. During this process, there was no distinguishment of good and bad, only between strong and weak.

Survival of the fittest was the law of this world.

After keeping the lotus seeds, he closed the turtle shell and quickly left the cave, He paused for a moment at the mouth of the cave. Only when he knew that no desolate beasts noticed him did he cling to the rock wall and disappear in an instant.