Ch. 281 - 290

Chapter 281: Crossing the Swamp

The black shadow was hidden within the mist, but Yi Yun saw through it using the Purple Crystal's energy vision.

In the energy vision, the black shadow was clearly a huge crocodile that was more than 10 meters long.

This crocodile had a dark hide, which was as strong as rock, as well as a single horn on its head. Thick eyelids covered most of its eyes and its body was covered in toxic and putrid black mud.

It was a Blackwater Ancient Crocodile.

The Blackwater Ancient Crocodile only lived in this corrosive swamp. It had great strength and its hide was extremely tough, making it invulnerable.

It had the peculiar habit of eating corpses, especially rotting corpses.

Yi Yun was still alive, but that did not matter. It did not mind occasionally eating something fresh. It could also kill Yi Yun and drag him into the mud to use him as a food reserve.

Seeing the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile, Yi Yun's mind lit up. With that, the corner of his mouth curled upwards.

The Blackwater Ancient Crocodile swung its tail as it slowly swam towards Yi Yun. The mud was being pushed aside by its gigantic body.

Although the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile was large in size, it was extremely nimble. Once it locked onto a prey, it would slowly approach it. Once the prey fled, it would then rush out quickly, issuing a strike that was as fast as lightning!

Against a prey like Yi Yun, who looked weak and small but had no intention to flee, the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile found it strange. Its amber eyes locked onto Yi Yun's every move.

Yi Yun quietly drew out his Tai Cang Bow, with his energy vision, the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile had no way of hiding.

Yi Yun's retrieval of his weapon angered the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile.

It roared and with a frightening speed, charged to kill Yi Yun!

Yi Yun's quickly retreated and with a thunderous snap of the bow string, a cold whistling howl sounded as an arrow hit the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile's belly!

Boom!

The Yuan Qi contained within the arrowhead exploded, sending mud flying everywhere!

The Blackwater Ancient Crocodile felt pain. Although its belly was covered with scales, it still started to bleed from the violent explosion!

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Yi Yun continuously released arrows from his bow. The Blackwater Ancient Crocodile curled its body, trying to use its tough carapace to withstand the attacks.

Yuan Qi continuously exploded and the Wind Chasing Arrows stirred up a mud storm in the swamp.

In the mud swamp, the Blackwater Ancient Crocodile was greatly angered.

It had never expected the that seemingly weak prey it locked onto could make it turn into such a pathetic state.

It growled and its huge body leaped up from the swamp. It's long tail crashed down like a stone column as it swung towards Yi Yun.

Yi Yun demonstrated his movement technique to an extreme and turned into a series of afterimages. And with a leap, he was more than 30 meters away.

The tail failed to hit, but when it crashed into the ground, it caused a huge bang, sending large amounts of mud flying!

Yi Yun used the Thousand Army Saber to withstand the flying mud before he then turned and fled. The Blackwater Ancient Crocodile growled and chased after Yi Yun. Its large body leaving waves of mud in its wake.