Ch. 391 - 407

Chapter 391: Desolate Bone Trap

Song Ziyue had already said that the Five Elemental Bone Array was designed by him. Logically, the person setting up an array holds the advantage, while the person trying to crack it has the disadvantage.

In a typical showdown, one side would set up an array while the other would try to crack it. If one could completely crack it, it meant that the person cracking it exceeded the person who set it up.

Song Ziyue did not take advantage of Lin Yuan in this aspect. He was proud and thought lowly of Lin Yuan. He had proclaimed that if Lin Yuan could extract more than 30% of the Power of Desolates from the array, then Lin Yuan would win.

30% of the Power of Desolates was considered very low.

Being looked down upon by Song Ziyue, Lin Yuan suppressed the raging flame in his heart, "Such shameless boasting. See how I break down your bone array!"

If a layman were to look at Song Ziyue's bone array, that person would not be able to see anything special about it. It was just like a child taking a bunch of beast bones and casually stacking them together.

However, when Lin Yuan entered the bone array, his expression turned serious. He could see that the desolate bones had been processed through some special techniques.

Desolate bones with the five elements, Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth corresponded to five elemental desolate beasts, and not any ordinary desolate beasts.

For example, the desolate bone in front of Lin Yuan was a general-ranked desolate beast's bone.

Lin Yuan could not tell what sort of desolate beast it came from. The bone looked very special as it was entirely smooth and round, like a glass bead.

"Song Ziyue may be arrogant, but he indeed has the ability. The array he set up is made from the combination of the bones from elite-ranked desolate beasts and general-ranked desolate beasts. The inner circle, where the array's core is, there are even bones from king-ranked desolate beasts. To crack this array, the first thing needed is to find the array's cores."

In the surrounding pavilions, people began to discuss. They never expected that this was how the Desolate Heaven technique showdown would be for the matches from Song Ziyue onwards.

However, this method required more technical skills than the clashing of runic seals. Also, it allowed one to keep on battling.

There might be consecutive failures of people trying to crack Song Ziyue's array. This was what he relied on to challenge all of the young heroes of the Lin family in a tag-team battle.

"This bone should be the central point of the ten plus desolate bones nearby. It is also one of the cores of this array."

Lin Yuan had previously counted that this desolate bone array counted a total of 108 bones. There were 9 bones for the array core, and every 12 bones formed a group. Each group had a central bone and this central bone was where one of the array's core was.

If he could break apart this core bone, then this small array group would be broken.

Previously, Song Ziyue said that as long he broke 30% of the array, then Lin Yuan would win.

Although Lin Yuan was indignant with Song Ziyue's contemptuous words, he slowly held back his pride as he began examining the Five Elemental Bone Array. This array was not simple!

Regardless, winning was most important. If he could not even break 30% of the bone array, it would be too embarrassing.

"I only need to extract the Power of Desolates of 4 desolate bones and break apart 4 small group arrays to win."