46. Girl Meets Fried Chicken.

Elizabeth Friar's POV

"Come on Dad! Be a man!" I tell him.

"Shush."

"Just buy her a damn ring!"

"Don't swear."

"I'm not-"

"Don't swear," He shoots back at me.

"Okay, sorry Dad. Now man up!" I squeal.

Can't he just propose to her yet?! Like who dates for six years with four kids and doesn't get married?!

Oh! I know!

My parents.

"Lizzy," He tells me, sitting down on their bed. "You don't understand."

"But I do. She wants you to propose so badly."

"Look," He says, getting up, and opening up his second drawer.

Dad pulls out a small black box.

"Yes!" I squeal, jumping up and down on the bed. "Lucaya feels much?!"

"Lucaya?" He asks, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes Dad," I sigh. "Lucaya. Everyone's favourite ship couple, other than Zisaac."

"You make zero sense."

"You need to read."

"Sure," He says, staring at the black box in his hands.

"Oh yes! Back to that ring! When did you get it, when are you proposing?!"

"I got it for her when we were 18..."

"Six years ago?!"

"After the fire."

The memories are fuzzy, but I still remember it.

Dad waking up in the middle of the night screaming for us to run. Mom comforting him. Them screaming at each other.

He doesn't wake up like that as much, usually only once a month. If we're lucky, every other month. That's rare.

I even remember Isaac waking up from night terrors, or Mom crying her self to sleep because Dad left. Then Dad crying himself to sleep because Mom left.

My life's been hard, but I'm thankful for the family I got. Because we pulled through, and we're stronger because of it.

"Who keeps a ring in their dresser for six years?" I ask him, in disappointed.

"The time hasn't come up," He mutters.

"You haven't found the perfect moment in six whole years?!" I ask. "Because I can already think of a billion times!"

"I thought it was too early!" He defends.

"Thought it was too early," I laugh. "Dad! You have to propose to Mom sooner or later!"

"Ya, but not yet. She'd be expecting it!"

"Sometimes," I sigh, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. "I believe you're more stubborn then Mom."

"No," He replies, walking out of the room. "That's not possible."

-----------

"Hey," I say, sliding in next to Ryder. "How ya doing with those tea and crumpets."

"These are cheese buns, Lizzy," He says, smiling. "But I do miss my tea and crumpets."

"I swear Taylor-"