13. Girl Meets Confusion.

Maya Friar-Hart's POV

I stare at myself in the mirror, scanning everything from head to toe.

How could he actually have feelings for me? I'm just a broken, dumb, blonde wearing polka doted pyjamas.

He's taking advantage of this whole situation, Maya. Rejecting him was the best choice.

I walked quietly downstairs so that I won't wake the kids, and go to the kitchen. I turn the kettle down and sit down, taking out my sketch pad.

Feelings: confused, sad, happy, weird, needing...

I place my hand on the paper, and let it flow onto the paper. There's honestly never really a way to describe anything I draw, they're just my feelings.

A person walks into the kitchen.

"Hello," He says in a deep voice.

"What?" I groan.

"What are you doing?"

"Drawing," I reply, slamming my book shut. "I'm going to sleep now."

I walk upstairs, and stare at the ground.

He's right there Maya. He can be yours.

Why are you making yourself go through so much pain?! You know you both have feelings for each other!

I snuggle into our bed, and find myself cold.

There's no Huckleberry to hold me.

We've only been sharing the bed for a night, but I miss him by my side.

I already feel like I'm loosing a big part of me.

Lucas walks into the room, and changes into his pyjamas. Sweatpants and no shirt.

He makes his way over to the bed, but I stop him.

"You can go sleep on the couch," I grumble.

"Maya-"

"You can go sleep on the couch Huckleberry."

"Look, you can't make me do anything. Even if we're married."

I groan deeply, and get up.

I walk loudly over to him, and pull his face to mine.

He stares at me with huge green eyes, and I'm very tempted to kiss him.

But I can't do that. We're friends, that's it.

"You listen to me Hop a Long," I whisper. "We're paired together for a project, not married. Stop acting like we are."

He grabs my face, and I shake him off.

"Don't do that!"

"You know we have the same feelings, Maya. Please just stop ignoring them."

My breath catches, but I'm not weak. I will not give into Lucas' games.

"Is that feeling friendship to you? Then I guess we're on the same page! So hurry up and get your ass downstairs onto the couch."

With that, I stomp back to bed.

He stomps downstairs to the couch.

And I sleep in loneliness.

---------

I wake up to a screaming baby two hours later.

Slowly, I get myself out of bed and to the nursery.