3. Girl Meets Engagement.

A/N:
Omg over 250 views in two chapter and over 50 votes... you guys are gonna make me cry!
Also, this book will be in Maya's POV a lot! So I hope you like her!

------------ ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Maya Hart's POV

I stare at Lucas. He's standing there, with a big box in his pocket.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

Most little girls, have dreams about getting married and having kids by the time they're like 23 or something. They've got their perfect wedding planned out, and already have their lives planned out.

I've never really been that type of girl though. I didn't really ever plan to fall deeply in love. I don't want kids, I don't care about getting married.

But somehow I'm chosen for this stupid project.

Lucas turns his head and stares at me in the eyes, I blush and look at Riley.

"I can't believe this is happening," I whisper.

"I love it!" She says. "I'm so excited to see the little babies we're gonna adopt!"

"I better not get a baby. I need a kid that doesn't need me 24/7."

"That would be a teenager, peaches. And you can't have a teenager because you are a teenager," Riley says.

I groan. "Geez Riley, I didn't notice. Thanks for informing me."

"Your welcome."

We stay quiet for a minute, and then she turn to me.

"Will you be my maid-of-honour?" She asks.

"I don't think we're getting bridesmaids," I say.

"No, it says on the paper that you can have a maid-of-honour, but it's just an option," Riley says with a smile. "So, will you be my maid-of-honour?"

"Well duh, honey. Of course I'll be your maid-of-honour."

Riley squeals. "Yay!"

"Will you be mine?" I ask with a goofy grin. She has this weird way of making me happy sometimes. It's kind of pathetic.

"Of course!"

Riley hops up from her seat and heads over to the boys, who are discussing quietly among themselves.

"Where's Farkle?" She asks.

"He's still choosing your ring," I hear Lucas reply.

His voice makes my heart flutter a bit.
What the heck? It doesn't do that usually, I guess it's just that I know he's kinda mine.

"Guess what," Riley says.

"What, Riles?" He asks with a longing sigh.

He wishes that they had been paired up.

That stings a bit, but things never go my way, so why should Lucas like me?
He most likely just tolerates me for Riley. As soon as we're 'married' for a week, he'll just drop out of the project or something.

After a bit more time talking to Lucas, Riley comes back to sit with me.

"Are you okay Peaches?" She asks me, pure concern and confusion on her face.

"Yes, I'm fine," I lie.

Im about to tell her I'm tired or something, but she just says okay. Why is she so trustful?