42. Girl Meets The Secret To Life.

I tried my hardest to find a cute name, but not super boring. I hope you guys don't hate it. :)

Riley Minkus' POV

"Noah-Harper Penelope Hope Minkus."

"That's a long name," Maya says. "I feel bad for her."

"But I think it's cute," I defend, touching my daughter's cheek. "Noah is cute. Harper is cute. You helped deliver her, so her middle name is Penelope. And, to be given the news that I wasn't going to die from cancer, but instead was going to have a baby, gave me Hope."

"That's great, Honey," She smiles, glancing at the brunette baby in my arms.

"She's going to be smart and clumsy," I state, smiling.

"And overdramatic."

"Who would she get that from?" I ask.

Farkle isn't overdramatic, and I've never been overdramatic.

"Nevermind," She sighs, holding her arms out to ask permission to hold her.

"Oh," I sigh. "Here."

Maya cradled my two hour old daughter, and smiles down at her.

"Hey," She whispers. "Harper."

"Her name is Noah-Harper," I correct.

"Harper is cooler than Noah-Harper," She says quickly. "I'm calling her Harper."

"Okay."

She stands there, rocking Noah gently in her arms, smiling.

For the first time in a while, Maya looks at peace, and she looks as if her world is my baby.

I know mine is, because I pushed the girl out of me, and I'm her mother.

But Maya, I'm surprised she's so captivated by her.

A knock comes at the door, and a few heads pop their heads threw.

"Hey, Princess," Lucas says, getting both a scowl from his ex girlfriend ish and girlfriend. "Sorry!" He says, throwing his hands in the air. "I thought she'd be less happy."

"Well if you look at the dam-"

"Language!" I shoot at her quickly.

"If you look at the baby you would know why we're so calm."

"Riley looks stressed, Maya looks tired," Lucas says.

"Dad. Not a good time," Elizabeth says, walking around his legs and into the room. "Where is she?"

"I've got her," Maya says, smiling at her daughter.

"Riley?" Elizabeth asks, walking up to my bed.

"Yes, Lizzy?"

"Can I hold the baby?"

We place the kids on the bed with me, and Maya gently places Noah-Harper into her oldest daughter's arms.

"Be careful with her," She warns, and invite my lips.

What if they hurt my helpless little darling?!

My poor baby.

I watch with caution as Maya's older kids pass Noah around, and then hand her over to Lucas.

If Farkle were here right now, I have a feeling he'd be scowling. Lucas looks in longing at Noah, and it makes me uneasy.

He looks as if he regrets something, but at the same time he looks as if he wants his own kids.