18. Girl Meets Rules.

Riley Minkus Matthew's POV

Thank goodness, he forgave me all those months ago. Or else I'd be ruined.

It's so..... different. Seeing the world with older eyes. Being responsible for other humans.

It just changes you, and for me it's kind of taken the skip out of me. The random comments from my mouth.

I dress myself quickly, and then rush downstairs.

"Everyone ready?"

Every time I say anything, well normal, Farkle gives me this weird look. I think he misses that other Riley. I don't know if I do or not.

"Zoey's still picking her outfit out," Farkle says. "But Aaryn's in the dining room waiting for breakfast."

"She's five years old! What could take that long?" I ask with a huff. "I'll go get her."

"We've got to be out the door in half an hour for that meeting!"

Every Saturday, we have this weekly meeting. It's like a checkup.

I walk upstairs with a stomp, and call out to my daughter.

"Mommy!" She whines. "Give me one minute!"

"No," I say as I walk into her room. "We need to be out the door soon. So pick an outfit."

"But I can't figure out what I should wear! Dressy or classy?"

I laugh at my five year old look through what she's picked out.

"Why does this matter so much to you?"

She giggles and covers her blushing cheeks.

"Oh no...." I mutter.

"Isaac. I have to look good!"

"Zoey! You're five!"

"Mommy! You're seventeen!"

"Don't be sassy to be, little one," I say as I pinch her cheeks.

"What does sassy mean?"

"We don't have time for this!" I whine. "Wear the dress for Isaac and get down for breakfast!"

I run back downstairs while she gets dressed, and sit across from Aaryn.

"How was your sleep?"

The two year old boy smiles at me. "Good."

"That's good."

"When's Breakfast?"

"Soon," I reply. "Daddy's still cooking it."

We both snap our heads at the sound of stomping feet down the staircase.

"Mommy!"

"Zoey!" I yell back.

"My hair looks bad!"

Farkle walks into the room and puts some food onto the table.

"Your hair looks fine munchkin," He says with a smile. "It's time for breakfast."

She huffs and stomps over to the table. "What are we eating?"

"Food."

She grabs her fork and begins to eat her  eggs and toast. So do the rest of us.

After breakfast, I quickly do the kids hair, teeth, and get them out the door. Farkle follows me.

On the way to school, once the kids are playing their own game in the back, Farkle begins to talk.