THIRTY-FIVE: The Nasty

I say goodbye to everyone five minutes before lunch is over. As I walk to the bathroom on my own, I can't help but think of how much I actually enjoy spending time with the guys.

A cluster of girls walk out of the bathroom laughing, and I try to give them space to walk around me. Looking back at them, I think it would be nice to have some girl friends of my own. I mean, I had so many things I'd like to talk about like my crush on Grant and well...other things that only girls would understand. And while I had my sisters, they were young. There's only so much I can talk to them about.

I walk into the foul smelling bathroom and straight into first stall. I hung my backpack on the little hook on the back of the door. After putting the toilet sheet on the pot, I sit and silently hope that no one would come into the bathroom, because I needed to poop badly.

I know I probably shouldn't be pooping, but my stomach is starting to hurt and I don't think I can hold it until I get home.

Besides the bathroom already smelled like shit anyway. I honestly don't think I could make it much worse...

I press my hands against the sides of the stall and lift my legs up a little hoping it would help me poop faster and easier. And not long after, someone walked in.

I stay quiet, only cursing myself out in my mind. The girl was alone, and from what I could tell she had taken the stall on the other end of the restroom. And then I heard her puke her guts out.

Maybe I was making it a lot worse. Oops.

I kinda feel bad for the girl. She heaves so much you would think that she lost her lunch, breakfast and yesterday's dinner. She flushes and walks out of the stall. I could hear her washing up before I wipe and flush the toilet.

I grab my backpack and unlock the door, and when I walk out I see Sarah reaching for the door in a rush. I only have a quick glimpse of her flushed face, but there was no mistaking her skinny frame, the designer backpack that clung to her back, and the little gold charm bracelet on her wrist.

As I wash my hands I think hard about why she just emptied the contents of her stomach. Could she be sick? She seemed fine this morning, and she didn't seem more pale than she usually is.

The bell rings and I stick my hands under the automatic dryer before heading to my next class. I look for Sarah in the halls because I really want to see if she's okay. Plus I have some saltine crackers in my backpack from the salad bar that might help. But she's nowhere to be found. So I sent her a text asking if she was okay and walked into my AP History class.

I keep checking my phone whenever I get the chance, but each time I look there's only messages from Charlie or Grant. Now, I know for a fact that Sarah was hella attached to her cell phone. So I know she's seen my text by the time school ends, and if she hasn't responded she wasn't going to.

The only thing I could do was shrug and head to the parking lot where Grant is waiting for me along with Lenny and Adam.

Even while Adam is bent over in a laughing fit, he towers over Lenny and Grant. He wipes at his eyes, and laughs even harder when Lenny flips him off.

Grant is laughing too with his head tilted back and his deep dimples on full display. In the sunlight his hair looks a lighter brown, and his eyes were bright. And when Lenny whips his head around, his head full of fluffy curls bounces. He waves at me and I wave back with an easy smile.

"Hey guys, what's going on?"

"Oh nothing new, Grant and Adam are just being pricks."

Adam ruffles Lenny's hair. "Come on bro. Did you really expect us to not find that funny?"

I slide next to Grant and tap his arm. When he looks down towards me I ask him, "Come on, I wanna know what was so funny."

Grants smile widens. "I can't tell you. You have to ask Lenny."

My mind reels at the possibilities. Lenny dodged my question, and it was something so private that only Lenny could tell me. Out of everything I thought of, I settled on the thought that it must have been about something related to sex or male puberty. I mean isn't that what most dudes like to talk about sex and sports?

"Alright guys, Alana and I have to get to work. I'll see you later."

Adam grabs his backpack and duffle bag off the hood of the car and then gives Grant one of those Bro hugs. "Alright man, see you later."

Then he walks over to me and gives me a hug, which feels a little wierd considering my face is only a few inches above his waist and...well you know.

"See you tomorrow?" he asks.

"Yeah." Just as he stepped back Lenny eagerly comes in for a hug. It lasts a few seconds longer than it should have, and Lenny jerks back with a mischievous smirk.

"See you tomorrow." he says.

"Alright, catch you later." I turn, and try to pretend that I don't see how Grant looks a little annoyed. He pries open the door for me and I climb inside. When Grant closes the door, I can see Lenny and Adam talking excitedly as they walked across the parking lot.

Grant climbs in and starts the engine, then wraps his hand around the back of my seat as he pulls out of the parking lot. As always, the close proximity sent made my spine tingle a bit.

To take my mind off how good his lips looks as he bit it in concentration, I try to spark a conversation. "Aren't you off today?"

"No Ricky and I are splitting Myra's shift since she called in sick." He answers before pulling out into the street.

"Oh okay." I'm quiet for a moment before the whole Lenny thing pops back up in my head. My curiosity gets the best of me.

"So you really aren't gonna tell me what you guys were laughing about?" I asked, I try to give him my sweetest smile, hoping that he'd give in and tell me what happened. But he just shakes his head with a slight chuckle.

"No, I'm not. It's not for me to tell. Lenny was right there, why didn't you just ask him again?" he asks.

"I didn't think he'd tell me." I turn towards the window as my smile fades a bit. The truth is that I'm not a part of their inner circle, at least not yet. I add it to my mental list of things to I need to work on.

"He probably wouldn't. It was pretty..." he laughs again before continuing, "It was really embarrassing."

"Was it sex related?" I ask. Grant grins and my smile widens again as I nod. "It was! Oh my god I knew it. Did it have anything to do with boners or masterbation?"

"Jesus Alana! This isn't twenty questions!" He laughs, but from the way his cheeks were turning pink I could tell he was a little embarrassed.

"Okay, okay." I gaze up at Grant for a while, until we stop at a red light and he could afford to look me straight in the face.

"I'm not going to tell you." He repeats.

"I know, but that's okay. I'd rather not think about Lenny doing anything nasty anyway." I point to the radio, that had been turned all the way down. "You mind if I turn the radio up?"

"Yeah go ahead." He says as he makes a smooth right turn. I turn up the radio, and let the sound of Bruno Mars fill my ears as we make our way to Queen Palace. 

A/N:

Hey you all!

Do any of you know what's up with Sarah? Come on guess, I'm totally waiting.

I had a pretty awesome week and I hope that you all did too or at least it was made a little better by reading this chapter. The next update will be next Friday or Saturday so stay tuned!

Yours Truly,

Nani 💙