TWENTY-FIVE: Forced Smiles

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update! I've been busy, busy busy. But since I'm free for a few days, I've decided to give you guys a little marathon of updates! So yeah, you can look forward to updates for the next two days! Oh and please don't forget to vote and let me know how you enjoyed the chapter. It really makes my day to see your responses. Like seriously! -Nani

***

I wake up to a new text from Charlie the next morning.

6:54 AM: Good morning, have you decided on where you wanted to hang out today?

I groan and rub my temples. I remember that I'm going to be spending a couple of hours with Charlie this evening.

He wants to see the real me, but...if he saw what I was really like then he's probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore. I really don't want to lose him as a friend, he was so nice and funny and honestly every time he and I talked it was as if nothing else mattered. I'm able to forget about all the crap in my life and just be a normal person.

7:01 AM: No. Do you have any suggestions?

7:03 AM: Not really, I want you to decide where we chill tonight.

7:04 AM: Okay, I'll let you know by the time I get out from my 4 o'clock doctor's appointment.

7:07 AM: Sounds good to me.

It takes me longer than usual to get dressed since my mind was so preoccupied that all my clothing combinations were weird and mismatched. By the time I'm in a decent outfit, I notice that it's almost time for me to go to school.

I run my fingers through my wild bed head and sigh. I don't feel like wearing it up in a bun or ponytail today so I decide to just wet it and let the curls take it's shape. Then I slide a beanie over it and rush downstairs.

I take a seat next to Serena who looks up just long enough to notice the difference, but doesn't make any comments. Instead we just said good morning and left it at that.

Miranda compliments my locks before sliding a plate full of food towards me.

"Oh Alana honey, don't forget that I'm picking you up right after school today."

"Why?" Sarah asks. "Oh, yeah you have to take her to her shrink. I'm sorry, I totally forgot that you adopted a psycho."

"Sarah, that's enough!" Oliver snaps. He startles everyone except me and Miranda.

"Apologize. Now," He demands.

"It's fine Oliver." I don't want to deal with Sarah when she's a level 3 bitch.

"No it's not Alana. Sarah apologize now." Oliver insists.

Sarah frowns before muttering an apology and nearly threw a tantrum when Oliver grounded her for the weekend. She looks to Miranda, hoping that she'd step in and say otherwise, but Miranda had had enough of Sarah too.

I can't be more grateful for the doorbell ringing not long after. This time it's me jumping up to answer.

I open the door and he seems a little surprised to see me answer instead of Oliver or Miranda. I look into his face harder, and I could see that the skin beneath his eyes were a little darker and puffier than normal. He must not have slept well.

"Hey."

"Hey. Are you and Sarah almost ready?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think we're both about ready? Aren't you going to come in and grab something though?"