I Wish (A One Direction FanFic)

Start from the beginning

I woke up in his room the next morning, it smells like his chocolate smell, he is always eating. I got up and looked around the familiar room. The blue walls and wood floors were clean from a mess for once as he went away for who knows how long.

I could hear the coffee maker down stairs, well more of smelled the bitter smell, so I got out of bed, still in my clothes from yesterday. I walked down to see Karen drinking some coffee. I smiled and got my self a cup as well and added my two sugars with milk.. As I sat down the phone rang; I didn’t think any of it as Karen picked it up and I drank my delicious coffee.

She squealed into the phone as she grinned and nodded her head. I smiled at her. “They can’t hear you nodding Hon!” I yelled at her. She glared at me and went back to talking. She walked to me and handed me the phone as I put my cup down; I took it and answered with a curious hello.

“Why hello you la. What’s up?” I smiled at his familiar thick voice.

“I stayed at yours, my rents are still fighting.” I answered, hiding the sadness and the hurt that it caused me.

“Or you just missed me. I mean, sleeping in my bed is perfectly fine.” He answered. I laughed at him for thinking so highly of himself.

“So full of your self you cocky bastard. You should know I slept in a bed.” I said as he chuckled, knowing that I did sleep in his bed.

“Hey, Niall who’s that?” A British voice asked in the background. I chuckled as three others started to ask too.

“It’s my best friend. Want to talk to her?” I smiled as they all answered yes. “Ok, guys this is Mikayla, Mickey this is Liam Payne,” I heard a hello greet me, “Harry Styles” I heard a simple hi, “Louis Tomlinson” I heard a heyyy sounding quite flamboyant,” and Zayn Malik,” I heard a vas’ happinin? I laughed and said hi back to all of them afterwards.

“You sound fit.” A voice said, I believe it was Harry, the voice deeper tan the others.

“Wow, way to be blunt Styles.” I think it was Louis who proved my guess correct.

“Thanks, but I actually have to go to work. So I will talk to you all another time maybe.” I was greeted with loud mixture of good byes as I handed the phone back to Karen. Little did I know that would be the first, and last time I talked to One Direction while they were on x-factor. I smiled as I walked back towards my house, needing to get changed.

I made it home to see my parents gone, typical. I went to my room, avoiding the glass all over the floor; great something I’ll have to do later. I walked up and dressed into a black tank and white chinos. I put on plain black flats and a light layer of make up. I walked into the bathroom and straightened my hair to make it pin straight from it’s waves.

I looked to see a slight bit of my usual happiness back in my eyes from talking to Niall this morning, probably the best thing that is going to happen today. I made my way down stairs, grabbing my black berry, and walked to work; I walked because of the short distance and my lack of a car.

Even though my parents have the money I refuse to have them buy me a car, which is the reason for this job. Niall always thought I should just take the car and be lucky, but I don’t want to relay on my parents. I plan to move out of there as soon as I turn eighteen in a little over a year, get away from the horribleness of the two.

I smiled to a bunch of my coworkers in the small café and worked for the eleven to six shift as always. As I walked home I thought about what could possibly happen. I mean, Niall could forget all about me and the boys would be his priority. Then my parents, I don’t even know.