I Wish (A One Direction FanFic)

I stood there and watched as he drove away. His new life will be much better with out my little sob story. My parents fighting and everything, he was there for me though. I looked around our small town Mullingar, Ireland. The scenery I was so used to that brought back memories and feelings, too many to explain.

I looked back at my house and started trudging up the stairs and to my room as my parents were both at work. I knew this is probably the last time I would see him, besides on tv. I looked into the living room to see a vase smashed on the floor and the ‘family’ photo on the wall. I sighed as I walked into my bathroom. My fake smile now off my face and replaced with the tears I have been trying so desperately to hold in. I looked in the mirror to see my light brown hair in it’s messy bun, creamy white skin with light freckles, and sad brown eyes. I looked different, the usual happiness gone from my demeanor.

My parents are always at each others necks and my rock was now all the way out there following his dream, of course I couldn‘t go with him but his brother Greg had. I cried harder for all the tears I have never shed that I have held in to look stronger then the broken girl I was on the inside. I stood up and walked into the bathroom to take a shower, trying to wash away the sadness that will never go. My parents were home again as I heard the front door slam and the usual yelling begin.

I am fed up with this.

I slipped on my under ware, jean shorts, and a green tank. I took a deep breath and made my way down the stairs in our big house. I stood there as they fought, again, this time in the kitchen, of course where al the breakable stuff in the house were.

“STOP!” I screeched at them. They both stopped and looked over at me with wide angry eyes. “I am sick of this, if you don’t get along you should just get it over with and get a divorce! I can’t take it!” I yelled at them, their looks becoming saddened as they took in my words.

“Honey, we want to try to make it work for you. What’s wrong with you today?” My mom whispered at me. I looked at her pissed off, of course they don’t know!

“Seriously? I think the fighting is worse then you two separating; who do you think always cleans up your mess? And you don’t know what’s wrong because you have been so busy ‘working it out’.” I put hand quotations around working it out. They looked at me in realization as a flash of sympathy coursed through their eyes.

“What happened Mickey?” My dad asked using my pet name. I looked over at him for a while, but I didn’t answer him. I walked out, ignoring their calls for me.

I ran down the street barefoot as I heard them calling for me, angry now rather than sad. I knew one person who could help me and know what I am going through, well somewhat. I walked up to his house and opened the door. I heard the soft sniffing from the kitchen and knew that’s where I would find her.

I walked in to see Karen crying at the counter, missing her son. I walked over and hugged her as she hugged me back. Her husband was out on a business trip, leaving her as the boys went off. She looked up to look at my face, sadness still written on her face.

“What did your parents say, Mikayla?” She asked as she collected herself, giving me a cookie, god I love her cookies.

“They don’t know, they were too busy fighting.” I answer as she looks at me with sympathy. I smiled sadly at her, taking a seat next to her.

“You can always stay here, we have a guest room if it gets too much.” I smiled in thanks as we sat in a comfortable silence. She turned on the tv to a random show and we sat there, like old friends.