Graduation day

Today's OB appointment was cancelled since Lia's mom asked her if she wanted to go dress shopping for graduation. Not that dress shopping is her priority, Lia just wants to procrastinate. She's not ready to know. She's scared out of her wits so she wants to unwind first.

"How about this one baby?" Lia's mom asked pulling her out of her thoughts. She is holding an ecru dress by the hanger.

Shaking her head to rid of bad thoughts, she smiled. "Yes. I like that."

"Lia are you alright? These past few days you're kind of little checked out. Are you sick?" Lia's mom sat down beside her on the waiting couch inside the store.

"Mom..."

"Yes?" She asked concern etched on her face while still holding the dress on her lap.

"I think I might be pregnant." Lia shut her eyes tightly waiting for her mom's reaction. She can hear her pulse in her ears ringing. Her mom stayed silent, Lia opened her eyes slowly and saw the look of surprise on her mom's face. "I'm sorry." she added timidly.

"Mom, i'm sorry." she repeated tears pooling in her eyes. "Please don't be mad. I don't know what to do. Dylan doesn't know yet and I don't know if he is going to be okay with it...I'm so lost."

Lia felt her mom's arms around her. She started stroking her back lovingly. "I'm just shocked, baby. Don't cry. Everything's going to be fine."

"I was supposed to see an OB today since Kylie said pregnancy test kits are not 100% accurate. I'm so scared mom."

"Don't be. No matter what the results will be I'm going to be here."

-------------------------------------------------

It's graduation day. Lia received a package from Dylan. Wren brought it to her house.

"It's your graduation gown and cap." Wren informed her. "Dylan said you might now want to see him so..."

"Tell him I miss him." Lia said cutting him off.

Lia rescheduled her doctor's appointment. She sat in front of her dresser and curled her hair on the ends. She put on a light make up and put on the dress her mom bought her. She stood in front of her full length mirror and sighed. "I can do this!" she told herself.

Instead of driving to school, she rode with her mom. At school, she saw Dylan standing in line for the ceremony. Their eyes met and he waved at her. His eyes twinkling for some reason. "Maybe he is just happy he is already graduating" Lia thought to herself.

She waved back sadly. Lia plans to tell him about her pregnancy later after the ceremony. And if all goes well maybe even ask him to go the doctor with her. She sighed with the idea and she sincerely hope and pray everything goes well.

The ceremony was a blurr. Lia clapped at the right moments. She is really not paying attention. She is just copying whatever Kylie is doing in the frontrow before her.

Dylan on the other hand kept on observing Lia out of the corner of his eyes. He's sad to see Lia looking pale and he observed that she had lost weight a little.  The creased on her forehead is evident like there is a permanent worry on her face.

After all of the graduates are called. They all stood up and grab the tassles on their caps and turned it to the left to complete the graduation's tradition.

The graduates poured out of the auditorium after the ceremony. Some stayed exchanging numbers and contact information. Congratulating their friends. Their families surrounding them patting their backs, feeling really proud of their kids.