Mix Up

It has been a year since Lia and Dylan had been officially girlfriend and boyfriend.

Lia is waiting for Dylan to get their graduation caps and gowns. She is at the cafeteria drinking green tea frappe. Kylie is in Hawaii spending the week there since they no longer have classes. Lia will just claim Kylie's graduation caps and gown for her.

The school ground has been mostly quiet and peacefull since the school year has already ended for some.

Dylan came with a large paper bag. He is out of breath but he smiled as soon as he saw Lia sitting by herself playing with the straw of her drink. "God, I love this girl." he thought to himself.

He sneaked behind Lia and covered her eyes.

Lia removed Dylan's hands unceremoniously and looked behind her.

"You're no fun!" Dylan whined.

He pecked her on the cheek and then took a sip of her frappe. "I got all the items here in the bag!" he said.

"Hey, buy your own!" Lia said swiping the drink from Dylan.

"Come on!" Dylan held his hand out and helped Lia stand up from the bench.

"Where are we going?" Lia asked.

"It's a surprise!"

"Can we bring Syrup?" Lia asked referring to the dog they adopted before.

Without Lia's knowledge, Dylan has set up a tent at the back of their school for a movie night with her.

He borrowed the overhead projector from the schools facilities and put some firefly lights inside the tent. It looks like something you can get from the DIY magazine that Lia loves to read.

Instead of having Lia drive, Dylan asked for the key because he wants Lia to relax after all the thesis she did in the past three months.

Lia threw the key towards him which he caught with one hand. She sat shotgun next to him.

"I thought, we are going to my place.." Lia asked confused since they just drove at the back of one of their school building. "It's already 7pm Baby." she added staring outside the window observing the students who take night classes.

"Suprise!" Dylan exclaimed.

Lia fet her heart constrict in a good way. She is looking at a fairytale.

There are firefly lights everywhere and the tent is stocked with fluffy pillows some blanket.

Dylan walked over to the movie player and played Titanic, Lia's favorite movie.

Lia is speechless. She walked towards Dylan who is still adjusting the projector. She hugged him from behind.

Turning around, Dylan held her by the cheeks and stared deeply in her eyes.

"Did you like it?" he asked.

Instead of answering Lia tip toed and kissed Dylan on the forehead, then on the nose then finally on the lips. Dylan suddenly lifted Lia off the ground and twirled her.

"I love you baby!" he whispered after setting Lia down. "Come on!" Dylan lead Lia inside the open tent.

"Oh there's food!" Lia noticed a mini cooler and pizza on a small center table inside. "He definitely did not leave a detail behind" Lia thought.

They were already in the middle of the movie when the clock striked 12 midnight.

"Lia, you are the most amazingly, astounding wonderful girl...woman I've ever known. I'm not an idiot. I know how the world works.." Dylan recited copying Jack from the movie.