The Project

AN: this happened at the same day with the previous chapter.

The sun rays are peaking from the window. Lia can even see particles floating in the air. She felt her stomach tightened and she can't think straight.

She opened her mouth but ended up closing it again for a couple times looking like a goldfish out of the water.

Dylan just smiled and held her. He embraced her nuzzle his face in her hair.

"I knew it. I knew it since Monday. And you don't have to explain." Dylan consoled her even if she doesn't deserve it. "Let us just forget about it and move on."

Lia can believe what she is hearing. Tears pooling from her eyes, she stare at his face searching for anger or disappointment but all she saw is understanding.

"Dylan, you are not mad?."

"At first I was furious but I have come to know the real you." Dylan explained. "You are a stubborn, flirty, fun, amazing woman I came to love.", he confessed.

"You love me?"

Dylan answered her with a kiss. Lia's heart want to burst with happiness but she just can't believe that it is not a big deal for him.

"Now I am going to grab us some breakfast okay?" Dylan suggested.

Lia just nodded. He planted a soft kiss on her lips before he left.

This is their last day in Maui, tomorrow morning they will be back to their town. They still have a week to spare to prepare for school since their Springbreak is two weeks.

Lia made the bed, when she noticed Dylan's phone on her pillow it has a pop up message from a guy named Wren.

"D, u hav not update us with your " Project X" aka use my charm on Lia.."- Wren.

Lia's heart is beating so loud she can hear pounding in her ears. She was torn in opening the entire conversation thread since this is something private. Her name was mentioned so she has the right, she justified to herself.

It is an exchange between Dylan and a guy named Wren.

"I can't believe you did the dare"- Wren.

"Stop teasing me bro." - Dylan.

"Well finally you are letting loose. You just fvcked a girl in the a dark alley. I just can't believe it until now."- Wren

Lia's eyes are becoming blurry because of the tears pooling in them. She continued to read a message dated two days after.

"I can't stop thinking about her."- Dylan.

Then, another message from Dylan.

"Her name's Lia, she goes to the school I transferred to."- Dylan

"Wow, Take advantage of it. Make her fvck your brains out until you reach ur saturation point. Project X right?" - Wren.

Lia followed Dylan outside to confront him.

She is already walking towards the breakfast shack Dylan told her he would buy food when he notice that he is not there. He is nowhere to be found. She was about to go back to her own hotel room still unstettled with what she read when she saw him talking to a girl near the door that leads to their room.

It is not her intention to eavesdrop but when she heard their conversation, she was stopped in her tracks.

"...I came back from London for you, love. I missed you and I just realize that. I know you are staying with that girl Lia but I understand." the girl said. "Wren told me everything.

"Wren doesn't know anything about this" Dylan replied.

"He told me this is just a project. That they just want you to enjoy after I left and that they are making you realize that you can get any girl you want.." she continued. "...but you don't have to play anymore. I am back for good, love. For you!"

Lia can feel her heart pounding in her chest. She was played. This is digital karma. Does she have the right to be mad after playing Dylan too? She loves him and the moment she realized that she quit the bet she and Jacob had.

Tears pooling in her eyes, she stormed between the two of them since they are blocking the way. She even bumped into Dylan. She mumbled a quick sorry. Startled, Dylan saw tears running down her cheeks. He ran after her.

He caught her by the hand and pulled her against his chest. Lia just rested and her head against his chest. "Let me go", she mumbled.

"Let me explain Baby", he pleaded.

Lia tried to push him off her but he won't budge. She pounded on his chest and looked at his face searching his eyes.

"Did you really mean what you said a while ago or are you just reeling me in? Did you do this just to get even?" Lia accused, hurt evidence in her voice.

"No, Lia, you know me better than that" Dylan replied.

"Do I?" she pulled her hands off of his grip then turned away crying.

----------------------

"Lia! Lia!", Dylan pounded on the hotel room door. He's been there for hours.

Lia is just sitting on the other side. She can feel the vibrations on her back as Dylan kept on knocking. "STOP!, just stop!" she shouted back.

"Just let her be, just come back to me..", she heard the girl said but she did not hear Dylan replied.

-----------------

7pm and Lia is still sitting by the door on the floor. She is already hungry but she just doesn't want to move.

A soft knock on the door startled her. She heard Kylie calling out. She unlocked the door to let her in.

Kylie also look like a wrecked Lia noticed. "What happened Li?, why is Dylan sleeping on the floor outside."

Opening the door, Lia saw Dylan sitting down his head on his knees. She felt pity on him. She can't stand seeing him like this but she is not ready yet. She doesn't know what to believe. All she see in his eyes is sincerity whenever she stare at them but he can be just faking it.

Lia knelt down in front of him and lightly tapped him on the knee. Dylan looked up and upon seeing Lia he tackled her with a tight embrace.

"Lia! Thank God!", he whispered fervently kissing her on her cheek. "Let me explain..."

Lia shook her head. "Dylan, go home. I need time."

Dylan's shoulders slumped in sadness. "...promise me we'll talk once you are ready?"

"I promise."

He held her one more time inhaling her scent. He looked at her again as if memorizing her face before leaving silently.

Shutting the door, she saw Kylie lying on the bed wrapped in blankets. Kylie lifted the blanket and motioned for her to lay down beside her.

"Cassie's mad at me", Kylie started. She told Lia what happened.

Lia was so mad at Jenny but for now, both of them just wants to be separated from the rest of the world. Each other's company is all they need for now.

They cuddled silently wishing they can undo this day and reset it. Until each other's breathing lulled them to sleep.