Take me back.

The stars are hiding and dark clouds rolled in when Dylan and Miley went out from the cinema. They are walking hand in hand. Miley said she knows a hotel nearby and she's very eager to go. She kept on drawing cirles on the back of Dylan's hand using her thumb.

Miley is excited that Dylan is giving their relationship another go. She came back for him after staying in London for a month and she misses him everyday. She is observing Dylan fidgeting while waiting for the line to get the keys from the valet.

She noticed the change in Dylan's personality not only with the way he dress.

He doesn't dress like an older person anymore. His fashion sense has improved. There is an edge with the way he talks and move. He is more bold and agressive. More confident.

Suddenly, Miley felt a small drop of water on her left cheek. Then another one until it turned into a full pledge rain.

It started raining so hard that it flooded slightly. They waited for a couple of minutes but it seems that it will not stop anytime soon.

Dylan led Miley to a bench near the parking lot while they wait for the rain to stop. Dylan felt relief flooding his body. It's weird but he is actually happy that they will not be able to continue what they have started inside the cinema.

At the back of his mind and at the bottom of his heart, he realized that Miley can no longer replace the hole that Lia left in his life. Only one girl can fill that hole.

"Miley, I can't do this." Dylan confessed. "I thought I could but I love Lia. I know Wren told you I was just playing her but I love her." he reached for her hand and squeezed it.

Silence filled their surrounding except for the occasional chatter of a few passerby and the sound of the rain hitting the thin film of water on the ground.

"I came back for you" Miley said accusingly.

"I know but it will be unfair if we continue this. I'm sorry Miley." Dylan said truthfully.

Miley is silent. Her hopes were crushed together with her heart. She can't breathe. "...but...but...i thought.." Miley stuttered. There is nothing she can do but cried.

The front part of the shirt that Dylan was wearing has been wet  because of Miley's continuous crying.

When Miley stopped crying the sky has stopped miraculously aswell. She smiled and laughed a little.

"It stopped", she said her voice sounded like a whimper.

Dylan stroked her hair to console her. And led her to his car to go home.

---------------

Annoyed by sudden pouring rain, Lia kept cursing while walking on the wet muddy ground. She is on her way to see Dylan.

It is just a 15-minute walk from her place to his so she did not bother driving to go there but as soon as the mud started clinging to her boots, she was so pissed. I should have taken this shortcut. Arrrgh just for you Dylan. Just. For. You!, she thought.

She is standing across Dylan's flat. She is calming her nerves while pressing her hand together to stop it from shaking. Reciting what he would say to him, she blew air out of her nose.

"I love you. Please take me back?". Yuck! Ahhhhm. Please come back to me. Omg! Pathetic!", she rolled her eyes.

After a few minutes of gathering enough courage, she took one step forward but was stopped in her tracks when a car arrived.

Dylan and Miley got off the car. He saw Dylan's arm wrapped around her shoulder, leading her inside. She looked like she had just cried.

Dylan felt the hairs on the back of his neck prickle. He felt someone watching them, he turned and saw Lia standing across the house looking like she took a walk under the rain which she really did. His heart is beating loudly. he is excited to see her. He let Miley go inside first.

He took a step towards her and he noticed that she is just staring at him. And when he took another step Lia ran away from her.

"Lia, wait!"

He saw her slipped and fell to the ground, scrapping her knee. "My clumsy girl" he thought.

He held her on both shoulders and helped her stand up. Lia just stood in front of him staring at her feet. After an agonizing silence that streched between them.

"I love you", Lia suddenly said soflty. Almost inaudible.

Dylan was surprised with the sudden confession but he is not sure he heard her right. "But..." he said his eyes full of question.

"I..." Lia started but since she can't think of anything else to say, she just tiptoed and kissed Dylan on her lips. She felt Dylan's lips against her streched to a smile.

The rain started to fall but Lia and Dylan stayed, both of them drenched. Dylan held her by the cheek pressed his luscious lips against hers. Their tongue grazing the inside of their mouth. The taste of Lia's cherry chapstick mixing with rainwater.

"Wow!" Dylan exclaimed. "I missed how you taste" he then whispered in her ear kissing her on the neck.

They knew there is no need for explanation. An understanding passing between them through their eyes. A kind of understanding only someone who's been together through the storm can comprehend.

"I love you too!" Dylan said hugging her by the hips and twirling her around laughing.

Gently putting her down. "No more games, I promise." Dylan added.