I jumped back away from her sword, pulling out my own katana to parry it. A loud clang echoed in the air as Naruto and Sai dashed at the male ninja. There was a flurry of activity, and even I was unsure at what was going on. But next thing I know is Sakura was charging at them when she was kicked back, about to hit a large boulder when Naruto, Sai and I raced to her side.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled at them.

The male ninja had a lollipop in his mouth and spoke clearly, "Tell us what you know about Sasuke!"

"What does he have to do with you?!" Sakura exclaimed. The male ninja yelled back, "Sasuke Uchiha attacked our village and took our master!"

We froze. What? Sauke attacked the Cloud Village? Took their master? What!?

"Why would Sasuke do that?!" Sakura retorted, full of denial. The female ninja frowned at us, "How should we know what Akatsuki's agenda is?!"

I fell into shock. No, no, he's not going to say what I think he's going to say.

"Sasuke is a member of Akatsuki! The Raikage sent us nd we have permission from the Hokage to kill him We'll have our revenge and kill the Uchiha!"

I sank to my knees in disbelief. Sasuke...a member of Akatsuki? No, that's not possible. There's no way he would join the organization that has caused us all so much pain, who is pining after Naruto. The group that killed my parents.

Why? Sasuke, why? I couldn't move from my spot. Naruto was arguing back with the ninjas, but I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. How could Sasuke join Akatsuki? What are you doing!?

"I'll help you guys find him."

I jerked my head up to Naruto who was now talking calmly to the Cloud Ninjas. "Naruto?!" I looked at him confused. What was he doing?

"I can take care of this," he told me. "You should go back and get some rest now, (Y/N)."

I frowned, "But I can't rest having all this on my mind!" Naruto looked at me with a dead serious look that made me fall silent. "Leave this to me."

I clenched my jaw. Once again, I have to rely on Naruto and leave it up to him... "Fine." I muttered through gritted teeth. Before I could turn back, I stood up and promptly turned away from them, running back towards the tents.

This is all too much for me... I closed my eyes as I entered the tent designated for my clan. It was empty and I sank onto one of the cots in the corner, letting out a deep sigh. "Just what in the world is happening? Why can't things just go back to the way they were before...?"

But I knew the answer to my question. There was just so much wrong in the world to sway us to do wrong things out of rash decision making. I stared at the ceiling of the tent.

What is Sasuke thinking? What does he know? What made him feel strongly enough to join Akatsuki?

A light ruffle was heard and the entrance to the tent opened up. "Hey, (Y/N), how are you feeling?" Entered Kyo as he asked this gingerly. I turned to look at him then returned my gaze to the ceiling. "Fine."

"You heard about the news right?"

I nodded weakly. I didn't want to hear it repeated to me. It made me furious and sad at the same time. A comforting hand was placed on my shoulder and Kyo gave me a soft smile. "I'll be here for you if you need it."