40. Get us out of here!

Savy's body was surprisingly light. If not for her long fancy dress—probably heavier than the woman wearing it—supporting her inert body would have been as easy as carrying a porcelain doll. Jade cast a glance at the unconscious girl's face, resting on her shoulder. With her red lips and her pink cheeks, she even looked like one. But her pallor was worrying.

     Luckily, Alexandra took things in hand. Quite literally. She grabbed Savy by the armpit and dragged the group forward at a brisk pace. They burst out of the wrecked office, flew through the antechamber and over the unconscious servant, trying to reach the huge staircase leading to the mansion's lobby. They were running for their freedom—and maybe their lives—but Jade couldn't keep incongruous thoughts out of her brain.

     Savy had been on board since last fall and yet, she never stopped wearing clothes befitting a proper lady. Jade had to admit that she was a real treat for the eyes, and almost envied her natural grace. But, living on a ship, an exiguous, ever-moving place made out of ladders, ropes and tar, was hardly compatible with restraining girdles and layers of petticoats. Furthermore, even if dressed as a man, Jade had to withstand hungry looks, carnal smiles, and bawdy comments on her physique. She could only imagine what the sweet, discreet girl faced every day. Especially when she had no probe nor speculum to protect herself.

     The three women of the Lady Lesya had reached the lobby when a man appeared from a side door. He looked more like a scoundrel than a guard and his sword was a nasty piece of blade. The grim expression on his sinister face turned into a nasty smile when he realized what he had bumped into. Jade froze, jaw clenched, but Alexandra didn't waste any time.

     "Please, good sir, please help us!" she said in a voice Jade had never heard from her, high-pitched and frail. Alexandra threw an arm out and went on, "Up there! Up there! Oh, it was so... terrifying!"

     The man's smile grew wider as he lowered his sword, seemingly oblivious to what the First Mate had said. Jade followed his gaze and understood why. Alexandra's shirt, bloodied and torn, was open on her small and perky breasts.

     Jade opened her mouth, closed it, felt her cheeks flush, closed her eyes, and sighed. She pulled on her own shirt, deepening her cleavage. Swallowing her shame and anger, she followed Alexandra's plan. "He killed the Harbor Master! He attacked us! Please get us out of here!" She paused and reluctantly added, "We're so scared!"

     The man's expression turned voracious when they fell on the decoy. He sneered, sheathed his blade and looked around the lobby, probably to make sure no one would deny him his lucky catch. "Always up for helping lovely wenches!"

     He moved closer, like a predator unsure of which prey to pounce on, but before he could do anything, Alexandra threw Savy into his arms and went for the main door.

     "Sure... Yes... This way..." he stammered, taken aback.

     Jade couldn't hold back a smile. She carefully closed her shirt again, then patted the man's back.

     "Lead the way, good sir!" she said, before leaving him behind to follow Alexandra.

Last update on July 17th, 2019