14. Oblivious to the pain

"WHAT?" Alexandra jumped to her feet, oblivious to the pain, her scalp missing a brutal encounter with the low ceiling by a mere centimeter. "How? When? What the hell happened? And where is O'Ma? Is Etienne hurt?"

     Jade stepped forward to protect poor Flow from the fury. "Alex, please calm down. You—"

     "Calm down? CALM DOWN?" exploded Alexandra. "I knew I should have been there! Was it Stalker again? Tiago? Not O'Ma, at least... Or was it?"

     "Alex, please. You should—"

     "I should what? Hmm? What now? Chaperone the sneaky little brat again—"

     It hit her mid-sentence. Where was Savy right now? Was she even still alive? The pain in her head was staggering. She couldn't think anymore. Jade tried to grab her, but she pushed her away. She needed fresh air. She started walking, hesitantly, toward the door. She stretched out her arm to grab the knob, but it eluded her. The door opened itself. Behind it, Savannah appeared.

     Alexandra froze, blabbered some indistinct noises before stumbling backwards.

     "How...?" she faltered.

     She managed to look away from Savy's timid smile to discover Flow's crimson face and protruding eyes. A few more steps back and she fell into Jade's arms. The Doc's tone was gentle but firm. "We'll figure it all out! But please, put some clothes on."

Header by FayLane

Header by FayLane

Last update on May 5th 2019