Losing Everything

January 1, 2012--- 8:15 AM

I walked down the hall as I began to head to my hotel room. I still can’t believe what I had done a few hours earlier. Never in a million years did I expect for something like that to happen especially with my teammate. I allowed the feelings I had for Tyler get the better of me.

As a million things ran through my head, I placed my room key into the door and waited for the light to turn green. Once it did, I walked into my room but as soon as I did I heard, “Where the hell were you?”

I looked up and saw Milan sitting at the edge of his bed. I forgot that we were sharing a room. I rubbed the top of my forehead as I tried to come up with an excuse.

“Well??” 

“I crashed at Brianna’s hotel room.”

Milan sat up “Don’t tell me you went there with that guy I saw you with at the party.”

I shook my head “No. I did not go there with Ryan. I went there by myself.”

Milan looked at me more intensely “You’re a liar.”

How did he know?! But I kept my cool “Okay if you don’t believe me, you can go talk to Brianna.”

“Fine I will.”

Just then there was a knock on the door. I froze in my place, fearing that it was Tyler. Milan walked to the door and I refused to turn around to see who it was.

“Finally you guys are here.”

I turned around a bit and a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I saw Horton, Rask, Thornton, and Campbell standing in the doorway.

“Hey Army.” All the guys said in unison.

I gave them a little wave “Hi.”

“Do you want to come to the gym with us?” Rask asked.

I rubbed my neck “Sure. I’ll meet you guys down there after I take a shower.”

“Alright. See you in a few.” Milan said before leaving the room with the guys.

I leaned back against the wall. “That was close.”

I walked into the bathroom for a much needed shower.

~

~

After finishing the weights, Nathan and I switched positions as he handed me the medicine ball. As I was doing some high to low medicine ball twists, I heard Looch’s voice say “Segs! Look at who is finally up.”

I stopped and looked up to see Tyler, his eyes locked on to mine. DAMN IT! I dropped the medicine ball and began to walk away.

“Where are you going?” Nathan asked me.

“Bathroom.” I said really quickly.

I speed walked to the ladies’ locker-room and as soon I did I let out a sigh of relief. However the relief was gone after I heard the locker room door open. I turned around and there stood Tyler. 

“We need to talk.”

I shook my head “There is nothing we need to talk about.”

He walked closer to me “We need to talk about what happened last night.”

“I’d rather not.” I was about to leave but Tyler stood in front of me.

“Lauren stop trying to run away. We slept together last night.”