First Time For Everything

October 6, 2011--- 6:15 PM

I laid on the floor of the locker room as I was getting in my stretches. Of course I couldn’t get my mind off the fact that tonight was going to be my first game. I sighed before moving on to my side as I bent my knee to the top of my leg.

“Got sore muscles?”

I looked up and saw Lucic standing in the doorway. I chuckled “No, not really.”

“So you got your own locker room.” He said as he walked inside.

I sat up “No I’m only sharing with the Ice girls since it would be a bit awkward for a female to share a locker room with males.” Lucic nodded and I asked “How come you’re in here?”

“Oh because the team is going out for warmups in fifteen.”

“Well I’m not going out to do warmups with you guys.”

“How come?” Tyler asked as he walked in with Horton and Marchand behind him.

“Because I want to get into the heads of the Flyers.”

Horton lowered his eyebrows “What do you mean?”

I grabbed my coat and walked out into the hall “By not going out to practice the Flyers will see that and think that something is up. That maybe I didn’t show up because I was nervous or feeling uneasy about my playing.”

Marchand smirked “Ah I know where you are going with this.”

I smiled and patted Marchand on the back “Atta boy Marchy!” I looked up and saw John down the end of the hall. My smiled got wider “Well I'll see you guys later.”

I then walked away from the boys before running towards John and greeting him both with a hug and kiss.

Tyler, Marchand, Lucic and Horton looked at John and Lauren as the couple greeted one another.

“I really can’t believe Lauren forgave him after he almost fought you guys.” Marchand said as the group began to make their way to the locker room.

“All he did was give her flowers and used the ‘I’m only jealous excuse.’ Geez, I really hate that guy.” Tyler said with a bit of anger in his voice.

“Why do you keep talking about him?” Horton asked

Tyler looked at Horton “What the hell do you mean?”

“Well Horty does have a point. You kind of have been talking about John a lot.” Lucic added as they walked into the locker room.

“So. Nobody here likes that pretty boy after the stupid stunt he tried to pull on us a few weeks back.”

“True but it seems like Ty cares about his Lulu.” Chara said causing the guys to snicker.

Tyler rolled his eyes as he got his gear on “Z shut up. Plus I’m just watching Lauren’s back, like the rest of you guys.”

McQuaid nodded his head “Of course we are watching her back she’s our teammate and like our little sister. But you seem to care about her more than a sister.”

Tyler snapped his head back at McQuaid “No I don’t Adam.”

Tim Thomas laughed “What about all the extra time you guys have been spending with each other after every practice? And not to forget that you guys are now road buddies.”

“At practice we just fool around and goof off. Nothing is wrong with that.”

“Come on Segs.” Horton then placed a hand on his back “It’s alright to admit that you have a crush.” The guys all laughed again.