Special Chapter : Moon Struck

Kongpob and Arthit were waiting outside the doctor's office. Kongpob had been feeling poorly for the past week, Arthit had ignored his protests and brought him to the doctor. Arthit was getting impatient, he kept on shaking his knee. 

"P'Arthit, you don't have to keep me company, you can wait for me at home."

Arthit let out a frustrated sigh, Kongpob was always so careful not to put him in any perceived inconvenience. Kongpob's downcast profile, pulled at his heart strings. After making sure, they were not being observed, Arthit laced his fingers through Kongpob's. 

"Don't worry Kong, the doctor will tell us what's wrong -"

"I'm not worried P', how can I be when I have you by my side."

Kongpob managed to muster a cheeky grin, in spite of his tiredness. Arthit's smile was short-lived, he couldn't help but worry. 

"Mr. Suthiluk, the doctor will see you now."

***********************************************************************

The doctor had reassured them that it was a case of exhaustion due to work. He had however, requested a blood test, just to put them at rest. 

"Mr. Suthiluk, I will call you on Saturday with the results only if there is a cause for concern."

Upon reaching their apartment, Arthit badgered Kongpob to take a nap. Once reassured that his patient was following instructions, Arthit looked up the list of foods suggested by the doctor and made a quick trip to the grocery. On his way back, he was stopped by Aunty Aom. 

"How is that handsome Nong of yours?"

"He's doing better now, the doctor - "

"That's good, that's good. Arthit, let me ask you frankly -"

Arthit was puzzled at her interruption, and also by the fact that, she had dramatically lowered her voice. 

"What sort of girl does he like? My daughter, you see, she's a lovely girl -"

Arthit pasted a fake smile on his face and nodded along. This was the primary reason he had wanted to stake a claim on Kongpob during university, it was beyond frustrating to hear prospective proposals for his boyfriend. After assuring her, he would convey her well wishes to Kongpob, Arthit made a hasty retreat. 

In his anger, Arthit slammed the door harder than he intended. He realized his mistake when a sleepy Kongpob with ruffled hair emerged from the bedroom. 

"What's wrong P', you seem upset?"

Kongpob placed a wet kiss on his cheek before scratching his stomach and slumping into a chair. Arthit's anger rose to the surface again. 

"Kongpob, that Aunty Aom is trying to set you up with her daughter, the next time you see her you let her know -"

"Let her know what, P'Arthit?"

Arthit had unwittingly stepped into his own trap. He knew he was on the receiving end of a cheesy line from Kongpob. 

"Let her know that I belong to you?"

Arthit swatted his approaching arms away. He hated being called out for being jealous, Knott was right, he was possessive. Kongpob wrestled his protesting limbs and hugged him from behind. 

"If it will ease your mind, I will go and tell her right away."

Kongpob whispered into his ear. All the tiny hairs on Arthit's body were raised by Kongpob's soft voice.