Let the sunshine in

Two weeks before the breakup

Arthit hadn't seen Kongpob in two weeks, it was taking a toll on his spirit. Though he would never admit it, Arthit missed his warm, all encompassing smile, their shared meals in the canteen and even his cheeky flirting. 

They did stay in touch, usually by texts, sometimes calls. But, it didn't quench Arthit's desire to see him in person. Kongpob tried really hard not to demand his time, Arthit secretly wished that he would. 

Before he knew it, Arthit booked a taxi over the weekend and was standing outside Kongpob's dorm room. A feeling of guilt washed over him, Kongpob was about to finish his fourth year. He would, no doubt, be extremely busy. Arthit panicked and decided to backtrack. 

Arthit could hear voices coming, he tried to make a quick exit.

"Ai'Aim let me just grab the books and I'll meet you downstairs. P'Arthit -"

"Uh, Kongpob -"

"Why didn't you tell me you're coming, I would have come to pick you up."

Aim decided to interject before his presence was completely forgotten. 

"Kong, let's leave it for today, we can make an early start tomorrow."

Kongpob took Arthit's bag inside, the decision had been made. Arthit hesitated at the door for a while. Kongpob seemed to understand his conundrum.

"P' can keep me company while I finish some work."

************************************************************

Arthit was peering at Kongpob over the manga he was 'reading'. He felt all warm and cozy under the blankets after a shower. Kongpob looked exhausted, and had visibly lost weight. Arthit, under the pretense of getting some fresh air made his way downstairs to get their usual orders from the canteen. 

"Kongpob, take a break now."

Kongpob's smile could light up the whole room.

"P'Arthit is always so kind to me."

Arthit felt embarrassed and merely offered a dimpled smile. Conversation flew smoothly over the meal. Yes, Kongpob was tired by the extra work but he felt he was making solid progress with the project, his friends were all doing fine. Arthit had finally decided between the departments, he was going to battle it out in the design department. 

After Kongpob cleared up the dishes, he set his books aside. Arthit looked up, as he made his way to him. 

"P'Arthit, I'm glad you came today. I missed you terribly."

"Um yes - me too."

At times, Arthit rued his colouring which made the blush on his cheeks stand out. Kongpob's smile was filled with mischief. 

"P' I think when you blush, you look very -"

Kongpob's phone went off, he apologetically went to tend to the call. Arthit could physically feel his cheeks heating up. He wandered off to Kongpob's table to see his funny high school picture again. He noticed a pamphlet for Imperial College on Kong's table.

"Kongpob, what is that pamphlet doing on your desk?"

"Oh that! The counselling office has been handing them out, with it being the end of the year and all."

Arthit nodded. Kongpob encircled his arms around Arthit's waist and closed the distance between them. 

"P'Arthit, let's not talk anymore."

*************************************************************

Arthit was going to leave in 15 minutes. They were having breakfast together. 

"- and then the boss fired him."

"That's terrible P'Arthit. Did he not make his case to human resources?"

"It's how life in the company usually is. You will realize it next year."

Kongpob looked troubled, to ease his worry Arthit offered him a smile. 

"A hard worker like you will breeze through, don't worry."

"P'Arthit, are you proud of your boyfriend?"

"Kongpob!"

And with that Arthit realised that there was no cure for his boyfriend. Determined not to let his shyness show, Arthit cleared his throat. 

As his taxi came around the corner, they said their final goodbyes. 

"P'Arthit will you miss me?"

"Yes, I will. Do well in your exams."

"Will you come for my graduation?"

"We'll see."

Kongpob and Arthit both knew he would be there.

*********************************************************************

A/N: Hope this gives people some perspective into what was happening prior to the breakup. I've left some easter eggs/ clues for you to find here! 

Do you notice a common theme with the chapter titles?