Have You Ever Kissed The Moon Goodnight?

"Ai'Bright!"

Arthit knocked several times in quick succession. Bright looked at him blearily when he opened the door and granted him access. Arthit was grateful to note the absence of Bright's companion. The state of the sheets was making his stomach turn though. 

"Oi! What was that for?"

Arthit had smacked him across the head. 

"That's for locking me out of my own room."

"Sorry Ai'Arthit, I forgot. Where did you sleep then?"

Arthit's flushing cheeks were telling. Bright let out a low whistle. 

"N'Kong sure moves fast! Picked up right where you -"

Arthit made a disgruntled sound. 

"Ai'Bright, you shut your mouth. I was forced to share with him, all thanks to you."

Bright didn't seem to hear his protests. He grinned patronizingly at Arthit.

"Wait till Ai'Knott hears about this."

******************************************************************

 Arthit rubbed his scalp, as the water cascaded over his back. He had managed a quick goodbye to Kongpob before escaping. Kongpob's words kept looping in his head. He wished Kongpob would just tell him the reason, all this hiding was making Arthit reach horrendous conclusions. 

"Ai'Knott wants to speak to you."

Bright handed him the phone while Arthit towelled his hair dry. Arthit gave him a dirty look, Bright was creating nothing but trouble for him, recently. 

"Ai'Arthit, what are you doing?"

Knott's voice sounded tired, Arthit remembered his work schedule with guilt. 

"What do you mean?"

"Ai'Bright told me everything, have you forgotten what he had done Arthit? Because it seems, you have -"

Arthit interrupted him before he was on the receiving end of a tirade. He filled him in on Kongpob's late night admission. He purposefully left out how he had discovered his reignited feelings for Kongpob, he didn't need Knott to reprimand him for that. He was doing enough of it on his own. 

There was a pregnant pause on the other end, followed by a sharp exhale. Bright was chewing his lip, at a loss of words for once. 

"Ai'Arthit, have you considered the obvious reason?"

"No, Knott. I know him, I know that he wouldn't ever -"

Arthit broke off, his throat felt constricted. He took several calming breaths. Bright was squeezing his shoulder. Knott was speaking again.

"Ai'Arthit, I want you to promise me, that if it gets to be too much, you will call me. I will come and get you. Do you promise?"

 "I promise. Ai'Knott, um - I mean - I am - thanks."

*********************************************************************

Breakfast was a silent affair, no one seemed to have quite woken up yet. Kongpob was sitting across Arthit. Their hands brushed as they reached for the sugar at the same time. Kongpob's smile reached his eyes, and Arthit was lost in them. 

"- the youngsters should go out and enjoy the beach. Don't let us tie you down-"

Wad's mother was trying to herd them all outside. Prem, eager to please, proposed a game of volleyball. Khun Panit, had begun a long tale of how physical activity was particularly important in the morning.