Eternal Sunshine

3 months later

Kongpob's apartment was much nicer than Arthit's. Arthit was massaging hair oil into Kongpob's head. Usually, Sunday mornings found them in a domestic setting. Kongpob was reading the newspaper, often sharing something he found interesting.

"P'Arthit?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you - um - you know, never mind."

Arthit's hands stilled in his hair.

"What is it Kong?"

Kongpob suddenly got up and pulled open the drawer. He dangled a key in front of Arthit.

"P'Arthit, would you please move in with me?"

Arthit wiped the sweat of his palms on his knees. His gaze wandered around Kongpob's bedroom. Arthit's clothes were strewn around, his books, his folders. His toothbrush rested next to Kongpob's in the bathroom.

Arthit realized how seamlessly his and Kongpob's lives were intertwined. He was already living with Kongpob. He realized how long he had kept Kongpob waiting for an answer when his face began to fall.

"It's alright if you don't want to P', I just thought it would be convenient if you didn't have to go back and forth to get your things -"

Arthit murmured.

"Yes."

"What did you say, I couldn't hear it -"

"Yes. Let's live together Kongpob."

Usually, Arthit shied away from physical affection, but right now, at this moment, he wanted to be in Kongpob's arms. He stepped forward in front of Kongpob and laid his forehead against his broad shoulders. He could feel Kongpob's shoulders shake as he chuckled. He understood what his prickly P' wanted.

As he was enveloped in Kongpob's arms, Arthit thought he could get used to the feeling of euphoria he experienced whenever he was near his Kongpob.

**********************************************************************

Knott's bachelor party was a loud affair. The thump of music prevented conversation to a large extent. Arthit's cheeks were rosy from the dancing, Tuta was twirling him around just to annoy him.

Kongpob's eyes were following him, while he nursed a drink. Bright thwacked him on the back.

"You see him every day, what could be so interesting?"

"Ah, P'Bright."

Kongpob watched in discomfort as Thanwa leaned over to speak into Arthit's ear. There was something about the guy which made him feel annoyed. Bright's eyes lit up with mischief as he followed Kongpob's eye-line.

"Ai'Arthit and his colleague have been very close, that is to be expected of course -"

Kongpob tore his eyes away, Bright rejoiced internally. The fish had grabbed the bait.

"What do you mean, P'Bright?"

"Oh, Ai'Arthit didn't tell you. He and Thanwa dated briefly when you were broken up -"

Kongpob tried to school his emotions but to no avail. His hurt flashed across his face. He shouldn't have expected Arthit would have remained unattached during their breakup. Someone would have realized how wonderful and kind his P'Arthit was.

Kongpob tried to remain cheery for the rest of the evening, but he wasn't very successful. Arthit could sense his boyfriend's dark mood. Finally, when he couldn't bear Kongpob's sulking any longer, Arthit said his goodbyes to his friends.