Don't let the moon catch you crying

Arthit hated Bright with a fiery passion. He couldn't figure out why he had been excited to meet this group of misfits. 

"So, you mean to say, he left without saying a word?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I just said."

Arthit pinched the bridge of his nose, he regretted bringing it up. Wad looked shifty, and Arthit belatedly realised that he probably knew Kongpob was going to be joining his company. Prem, being an incorrigible gossip, continued. 

"Ai'Arthit, did you smack him down -"

Knott finally stepped into the conversation. 

"What is his position in your company?"

"He's going to be an engineer in the design division. Figures. I thought he would have got his masters in Economics -"

Wad couldn't stay silent any longer. 

"He wanted to get a masters in Engineering. Changed his mind about economics somewhere in between - "

Arthit felt annoyed that, even this, Kongpob had neglected to mention. He was deep in his thoughts. Sensing a  shift in his mood, Tuta motioned to Knott.

"Ai'Knott when can we start planning the bachelor party - "

**************************************************************

Kongpob was still perfect in every way. He was ridiculously polite, always immaculately dressed and he was even more handsome than before. Arthit felt that the universe was playing a cruel trick on him. 

On the occasions that Kongpob had to interact with Arthit, he had been nothing short of polite. The detachment in his voice hurt Arthit. It was as if they hadn't shared all those beautiful memories, exchanged their gears (hearts), stolen innocent kisses when nobody could see them, confessed their heart's desire in the veil of darkness. Wasn't Arthit supposed to be his only sun?

Arthit refused to be the first one to break, the first one to address the huge elephant in the room. He still had some pride left. 

********************************************************************

Arthit had grown accustomed to working late, he had no one waiting for him. He was a creature of habit, he had still refused to buy a car, preferring to be chauffeured around by Knott or taking the bus, when necessary. 

As luck would have it, Kongpob was also a creature of habit. Arthit dragged his feet till the bus stop. An awkward silence had settled over them. 

"P'Arthit how have you been?"

Arthit couldn't believe the nerve. He made a sarcastic quip.

"Take a guess."

No one could ever question Kongpob's bravery. Arthit had been a first hand witness when Kongpob retaliated to the hazer's punishments with embarrassing and downright punishable, if one asked Arthit, flirtatious statements. Kongpob soldiered on. 

"How is your mother? And P'Knott, P'Bright -"

The horn blared, the bus was there finally. Arthit made a hasty retreat. In the relative solitude of the late night, Arthit and Kongpob shared a seat. 

Arthit was hoping his earlier demeanour would deter any conversation. This time Kongpob acquiesced. The silence was making Arthit groggy and he soon drifted off to sleep. 

"P'Arthit, your stop is here, you have to wake up. P'Arthit!"

Arthit had managed to embarrass himself yet again, not only had he fallen asleep he had been resting his head on Kongpob's sturdy shoulder. His face reddened and he hastily made his way off the bus. Of course, he still lived in the same run down apartment and of course, Kongpob would remember.

"P'Arthit?"

"Huh?"

"Good night."

Arthit hadn't seen that smile in ages. 

*****************************************************************

A/N : Don't worry, there's a  reason behind everything Kongpob's doing. He hasn't become a different character. :P 

This will be the last chapter for today. Until next time :) 

Even if I stagger [Kongpob/Arthit]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara