Between the Sun and the Moon

"Ai'Arthit, please, I need you to be there. Ai'Knott has backed out, he's being called in to work this weekend. Don't leave me with Ai'Bright, he will abandon me at the first sight of a long pair of legs -"

Prem was pleading with Arthit to join him at Wad's family resort. Prem and Wad had recently come out to their parents. After a week of shouting, crying and arguments, both families had tenuously accepted their relationship and had proposed a weekend bonding session between the families.

"Ai'Arthit, you're my favourite you know - "

Prem must be desperate if he was using the favourite card. Arthit's resolve was breaking, he exhaled loudly.

"Fine."

"The next time we meet, drinks are on me -"

"Ai'Prem, um - do you think - that is - will N'Wad invite Kongpob?"

There was a loaded silence, followed by Prem's awkward laugh.

"Ai'Arthit, I think I hear Wad calling me, let's talk some other time -"

Arthit had always been able to tell when Prem was lying.

***********************************************************************

Wad's family was very rich, if their resort was anything to go by. Arthit and Bright stood in front of a majestic 7-storeyed building.

"Do you think Ai'Prem knew N'Wad was loaded?"

Arthit shot Bright a warning look.

"These are exactly the kind of statements you are not allowed to make in front of Wad's parents."

"Don't be a nag, Ai'Arthit. Oh, look, your 0062 is here -"

Kongpob raised his hand in greeting. Prem, Arthit decided, was looking like a pig brought to the slaughterhouse. Not that Wad was looking any better, but Arthit had rarely seen him crack a smile.

"Ai'Prem, don't worry -"

Arthit squeezed his shoulder comfortingly.

***********************************************************************

Arthit and Bright were sharing a room. Prem and Wad had gone to relax near the pool before the impending storm. Kongpob was in the room next to theirs. Arthit was unpacking, while Bright was lying down on the bed, his legs dangling.

"Ai'Arthit, are you doing alright?"

Arthit was surprised by the uncharacteristic seriousness on his friend's face. He gave him a reassuring smile.

"Good. You can join me then. After we make nice with the parents, let's head off to Terazza. Today's ladies night -"

Arthit should have known better. Bright was waiting for him to respond with a cocked brow.

"No way."

"Ai'Arthit, I'm sure there will be men too -"

"Shut up!"

**********************************************************************

Khun Panit, contrary to his name, could never be confused to be beloved. He was Wad's father's assistant. He had spent half an hour talking about dyeing agents. Kongpob was nodding along politely, Arthit couldn't be bothered. He kept stealing glances at Kongpob. Kongpob had caught him a couple of times, which made his smile grow wider.

They took a short break to freshen up before dinner. Arthit, Bright and Kongpob were walking to their rooms. Bright was trying to convince Kongpob to join him in his escapades with little success.