Sunset

"P'Arthit, I'm sorry."

Arthit turned away, he couldn't bear to hear the reason. If someone were to step away from their relationship, everyone would have thought it would have been him. Three hours before, Arthit had been anticipating celebrating Kongpob's graduation, he had made sure to 'subtly' clear his work schedule for it.

But those words.

"We should break up."

You can't teach an old horse new tricks. Arthit started to walk away before he could hear the reason which was bound to follow. He knew he had got too invested, his soft heart couldn't bear it. Before the tiny pinpricks in his eyes evolved, he made a quick exit.

"P'Arthit, please hold - "

*****************************************************************************************

Before he knew it, he was standing in front of his old dorm building. Why was he here? Arthit cursed inwardly. He had made a fool of himself for too long, it was time to call for reinforcements.

"Ai'Knott, please come get me. I'm outside my old building."

One look at his ashen face, and Knott managed to resist from asking further. As the wind swept his fringe off his forehead, Arthit felt the first twinge of regret. He ought to have listened to the reason. He furiously gulped down the lump in his throat. No, he should have left when he had sensed the early stages of the boat rocking. How gullible could he have been, he let out a grimace.

Arthit managed to catch the end of what Knott was saying.

"- let's stop for something to eat."

He resolutely refused to get out of the car. He didn't need to make a scene right now. Knott shook his head in despair and went off to get some snacks. There was no reasoning with Arthit when he was in one of his moods.

************************************************************************************

Arthit lived in a modest apartment. It was fairly reasonable for someone just starting out in an engineering company. Knott had steadfastly refused to leave and was lounging on the sofa. Arthit had retreated to his bedroom.

Finally, the floodgates had broken. With his head buried in his pillow, Arthit let his tears flow freely. He had been the fool to believe his juniour's flirtations were serious. He had foolishly opened his heart, burying his doubts about a relationship with a man. For the umpteenth time that evening, he wished he had stuck around to hear the end of that sentence.

***************************************************************************************

Arthit somberly looked at Kongpob's gear, once his most cherished possession, now a dagger to the heart. He thrust it back into his drawer. He had expected a call or even a text from Kongpob, Arthit remembered how he had persisted after his accidental confession, but there was nothing.

Knott peered into his room.

"We're heading out for drinks, join us. Don't sit here wallowing."

As Arthit made to protest, Knott held up a hand, his brows were knitted.

"Ai'Arthit, whatever 0062 has done, we'll make him apologize and -"

"He broke up with me."

"Oh."

*******************************************************************************************

AN: Hi! I have finally ventured into writing after being a silent reader for years. I will be basing everything on the series, sorry haven't read the book. So it may deviate from the novel in the details. Updates may not be regular, such are the perils of a uni student trying their hand in fanfiction. :) Be kind!