Ain't no sunshine

About 3 years later 

"And what is your opinion Mr. Rojnapat?"

Arthit's cheeks reddened. He had been caught daydreaming, he cleared his throat. 

"Huh? I think - I think - "

"Mr. Rojnapat, we are discussing an important merge for our company, your attention is vital. So as I was saying, the newly acquired, Engg. Solutions Inc. will function as our subsidiary - "

Arthit reprimanded himself for thinking about Kongpob in the company meeting, today would have been their six year anniversary. In three years, Arthit had done well for himself, he had been appointed the head of the design department. What did it matter, if his personal life was at a standstill?

Their company was soaring at the moment, and hence, they had managed to acquire a startup engineering consulting company. The meeting was supposed to mark clear positions for the new staff from the acquired company. 

"-with this I conclude this meeting and hope all of you will welcome and guide our new staff members."

Arthit made his way downstairs towards the design lab. He sighed as he reached his office. Everyone around him was moving forward in their life. Knott was engaged, Prem and Wad were going strong, Tuta had finally decided to tone down the clubbing. He still had Bright though, the eternal bachelor. 

"Arthit, the strength testing revealed that -" 

Thanwa, a design engineer and a frequent drinking buddy over the weekend, had made an appearance. 

"Thanwa, I'm coming"

***********************************************************************

Arthit knew his responsibilities well, he followed Thanwa upstairs to the materials lab. As he climbed up, his mind drifted to that fateful day, Kongpob breaking his heart with those few words. He had looked anguished then, as though he was suffering more for breaking up with Arthit. 

Arthit had searched for him the next day, with his wounded pride. But there was no trace of Kongpob, his room had been cleared out.  A week later, Aim had sheepishly approached Arthit. 

"P'Arthit, about Kong, that is - I mean -"

"N'Aim, spit it out."

"Kong has gone to pursue his masters in London."

So, he had decided to accept the offer. Arthit smiled bitterly, he was the last to know then. All the conversations they had, Kongpob hadn't thought to mention it once. For the first time, Arthit felt tremors of hatred for Kongpob, for leaving without saying a word, for going to London, for leaving him. 

"P'Arthit -"

"N'Aim, thank you for telling me."

****************************************************************************

Arthit stretched his arms above his head, his joints cracking with a satisfying pop. Lunch couldn't come at a better time. He was going to meet the old gang in the evening, it was rare for them to meet often. With the thought of an evening of shenanigans in mind, Arthit took off for his break with a smile. 

"-ah, and here we have the design department. Mr. Rojnapat, wonderful timing! Meet the new team- "

The new faces all smiled apprehensively at Arthit, but his eyes were fixed on one person. Three years later, he was peering into the handsome face of Kongpob. With a sinking feeling, Arthit realized that the day was only going downhill from there. 

************************************************************************

A/N : Two chapters in quick succession, I wouldn't get used to it :P So, can anyone guess my field of study? All the details I have peppered in the story should give you a hint :P 

The story is going to shuttle between different timelines, to make sure everything makes sense. The reason for the breakup may actually come up much later xD.