Melody (Death Note)

Seven was walking down the halls of Wammy's House with a sigh. She was starting to think that she was the normal one in her new home. It was supposed to be a house for kids with special gifts. Half the kids here- BB, Near, Mello,  and Matt- were all insanely smart. Linda was really good at drawing things. Her pictures looked so real that sometimes she though they were photographs. Echo could do amazing things with sound. In fact she could have sworn that he could see sound waves. That was impossible, at least she was pretty sure it was. 

Than there was little Seven. She wasn't stupid, yet she wasn't anywhere near the other's levels. She wasn't really good at drawing either. And no one could work with sound like Echo did. In this gifted place, she felt normal. All she could really do was memorize things. Wasn't that impressive when other people could do the same thing. 

She stopped outside of a cracked door when she heard something she had never heard in Wammy's: a piano. Someone was playing a sweet tune that it made the girl look in. 

Sitting there was a man who was sitting in a frog like way. She could only see his back, but by where she was and how he looked, she knew who it was. She herself had never meant him in her three weeks of being a member of the house, but the stories of the greatest detectives found her way into her ears. He was probably the most gifted out of the whole house. No one knew what he could and couldn't do. She never thought she would hear L play such a beautiful song. 

"Pretty, isn't it?" L suddenly asked, turning around to look at the girl with his nearly black eyes. He laughed when he saw he had startled her, motioning for her to walk over. 

"I didn't know you played," Seven told him, sitting next to him. 

"I don't really do it often. I like hearing people play more than I like playing myself," L admitted. "But yes, I do in fact play. I don't believe I've seen you around here before. I am L. Who are you?" 

"I'm Seven," she told him, looking at the keys in front of her. They looked well taken care of and not played often. 

"That's a lovely name," he commented, watching her. "Would you like to learn how to play?" 

"What? Me?" 

"Yes. I could teach you. I think it would be lovely to had someone who can play wonderful music to Wammy's. I think Watari would agree. Roger not so much, but who cares what he thinks?" 

That made her laugh. She nodded, looking excited to learn something new. The two spent the rest of the afternoon playing whatever they wanted. L taught her how to read music and what note was what. He taught her where to place her hands and what the pieces needed. He taught her how to play lovely melodies that could drive someone to tears or smiles. By the time L was done with her, she might as well have been playing her whole life instead of one day. 

It became something special to Seven. Over the years she received many gifts from L ranging for violins to tubas to drums. He challenged her to learn many different instruments and that she could play some of the hardest pieces on it. She gladly accepted it, playing her heart out with her music. 

She finally had something very special to her. The only one who could play music like a pro. It was her special talent.